Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Do you remember?...... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/do-you-remember-20209/)

jps37033 11-19-2009 06:22 AM

Do you remember?......

I want to bring back some age old traditions that are no longer in place because we have offended some person that had a politician freind that should have never been here in the first place.

I want to start with the "Pledge of Allegiance"

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I remember doing that every day in school. It was part of our every day life of chasing girls, and being American. I miss it, and I am irate at the fact that my son will not experience it (though we live in the country, and our schools are still very conservative/republican).

It absolutely makes me want to puke at the fact that we can no longer say that in schools because we might offend someone that more than likely will bomb a building or two (or shoot our troops at home on their own base).

What tradition do you remember doing in school, work, at home, or etc; that is no longer in place.......

And I am only 28 years old, so I know ya'll can pipe up!

dog2000tj 11-19-2009 06:50 AM

Well I can't speak for anybody else but I could care less what others think of the traditions that I beleive in and practice. If someone around me is offended they are free to leave my sight/vicinity. ;)

As for traditions we grew up with. I was just at a Rangers/Capitals game on Tuesday night and was appalled at many of the people around me during the National Anthem. I beleive it is disrespectful to speak or continue to wear a cap during the song. I made everyone within ear shot well aware of my disgust. :D

jps37033 11-19-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 188036)
Well I can't speak for anybody else but I could care less what others think of the traditions that I beleive in and practice. If someone around me is offended they are free to leave my sight/vicinity. ;)

As for traditions we grew up with. I was just at a Rangers/Capitals game on Tuesday night and was appalled at many of the people around me during the National Anthem. I beleive it is disrespectful to speak or continue to wear a cap during the song. I made everyone within ear shot well aware of my disgust. :D

Good one!

I remember the national anthem at gatherings. Thats why I love a local Nascar Race!!! The last true american sport!

I take my hat off at home on the couch when I see it on TV.

jps37033 11-19-2009 06:57 AM

I got another good one.....

Am I the only person left that still pulls to the side of the road for the entire length, and not a minute less, with my hat off, when a Funeral passes?

The only thing I can think of the people flying by is "Are you actually in That much of a hurry"?

WDB 11-19-2009 06:58 AM

I remember when trolls where shot on site. I think that was a dream or change rattling in my pocket.

jps37033 11-19-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 188042)
I remember when trolls where shot on site. I think that was a dream or change rattling in my pocket.

:confused:

zhuk 11-19-2009 09:22 AM

I'm old enough to remember when "God Save the Queen" was our official national anthem, and used to be sung at school on Anzac Day/Australia Day...not that I'm seeking to revive that particular tradition :p

Now updated to "Advance Australia Fair"... which any self-respecting aussie only knows the first verse of anyway lol

canebrake 11-19-2009 02:31 PM

The fight at the end of the school day for your pair of goulashes.

And idiot mittens.

suprdave 11-19-2009 02:49 PM

The school I went to would not count absences during deer season. Nowadays there are too many yuppies around for that to happen... My kids suffer because of that...:mad:

gunpower 11-19-2009 02:52 PM

I remember the news having actual news about our country, and not about celebrities.