Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Do you name your guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/do-you-name-your-guns-82627/)

JAD 01-27-2013 10:31 PM

Do you name your guns?

"Bessie", "Bertha" and "Gertrude".... are some I have used. ;):D

c3shooter 01-27-2013 10:35 PM

Most of mine had names when I got them......:rolleyes:

winds-of-change 01-27-2013 10:36 PM

I do name mine. Here's a thread from a while ago.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/do-you-give-your-guns-names-31034/

Sniper03 01-27-2013 11:00 PM

JAD,

Yes sir I have one that I have named! It was my first Rock River Arms LAR-15 Elite CAR A-4 Rifle.
You may have guessed the name since you had one! "Bertha" is her name. I have owned Bertha since 2001.
I have rebarreled her once since I shot it enough that the throat erosion was getting to the point of possibly having an issue. Did not want to take a chance with here being damaged, having a breakage, or a blow up. So she got a new barrel a few years back. Still have her today! She sports a Model 512 EOTech. I know naming a gun does seem a little crazy to some but I take care of my weapons as I would a child. They are important, valuable and have been a part of my life since 4 years old. And my Grandfather always insisted I pay attention to them as they cost too much money. And insisted they were cleaned and lubricated after every outing. That was the rule! So when I got old enough to hunt by my self at around 12 years old. I would walk across town (1 mile)to Grandpa and Grandma's (Small Town in Indiana) Get Grandpas 20 Ga Fox Sterlingworth Double Barrel called "Old Boy" (which he bought during the depression for I believe around $27.00 new!) and a box of shells in my hunting coat and walk around 3 miles where the woods and hunting fields began outside of town. Then you guessed it! Walk back to Grandpa's home after the hunt. Sometimes it would be very dark outside when I got back but he always kept track of the time I was gone and would ask about when I would be back after the hunt. I would then "Properly" Clean and lube the gun prior to Grandpa's final inspection.Then clean the quail which I preferred or rabbits and walk back home. Man when I was able to drive I thought I had died and went to heaven. But wish I would exercise a little more like that today. We all would be a lot better off! LOL!
So if we are crazy for naming our prized weapons I guess we are! But who cares! So what is your favorite weapons name/s?

zaitsev44 01-27-2013 11:21 PM

I name all my rifles by the country that made them. My Mosin is Ulga, my Lee Enflied is Ellie, my M1 Carbine is Katie, and when I get a SKS it will be the appropriate country name.

bobski 01-28-2013 01:51 AM

we had some named in the seal teams...one was the punisher. M60.

DFlynt 01-28-2013 03:15 AM

I call my Mini-14 "Old Ugly", I call my GLOCK 22 "Gaston" (yeah I know real original! ;)), no name for my 12ga...yet.

Gizord1 01-28-2013 03:15 AM

I name some of my guns.
My yugo Mauser is named Jugo, my carbine is named Deerslayer, my SKS is named Tavorischch (Russian for "comrade"), my FIE .22 is named Bob Marley (cause its always jammin), and I think I named my Marlin 10 single shot .22, but I can't remember it, right now.

gr8oldguy 01-28-2013 03:30 AM

I call whatever gun I'm carrying at the time "my little buddy". I don't want any of my guns to get a swell head thinking I like one more than the other. I have a lot of handguns, I don't think I could remember more than one name!

Marlinman 01-28-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobski (Post 1113118)
we had some named in the seal teams...one was the punisher. M60.

This is funny. Especially since when you first got on here you was retired AF and now your a former SEAL as well???? Which are you mon ami???

Most of my guns have names......marlin x7 7mag is the Hammer, 454 cassul FA is the Smasher, the warbird is the Hawk, my 882 SS marlin 22 mag is Reapers Kiss shortened down to Reaper.