Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do You Go Skeet Shooting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
You have putting down rumors that are against him? This just a hobby or are you an Obamaphile that finds it important to make sure POTUS is seen in the..proper light?
Maybe I should rephrase that. I have been EDUCATING people who may be pro-gun, but are completely IGNORANT when it comes to my sport of choice.

I am a student of logic....People who make assumptions look foolish and that doesn't help anyone who is seriously pro-gun. I am not an "Obamaphile" as you so nicely put it...In logic we call that an Ad Hominem, an attack on the person, not a criticism of the argument. No I do not support Obama.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #12

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Also, like bobski stated....

"Skeet" is an overly used generalization that people use to refer to shooting clays.

I was once invited to shoot "skeet" where the person just took me to his land and we hand threw clays.

Also, before anyone rags on his stance....I know people who have shot for YEARS and still have a terrible stance/technique.

Just because you do something "all the time" doesn't mean you are a pro.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #13

Liked 652 Times on 513 Posts

CIC is using basic low elbow stance. its fine. some like flying elbows. i do , but hey to each is own.
if you look closely at the CIC pic, you can see the edge of the low house roof behind his shoulder. that means he's in mid field. if he was shooting a station 4....and flinched, it would explain his low gun. and if he followed the bird way late towards the high house, it may have begun to drop. all common mistakes in shooting skeet.(see? even i say it!)
from what i remember of camp daivd is, eisenhower built it in 54...but there is no mention of trap. if you look at the field pics from google earth, youll see 2 pads in the skeet field about 15 ft in front of stations 2 and 5. if those were for photo ops, i dont know, but it would make the angle of his gun legit if he was chasing a late shot on 5 low.
ive been doing this now for 40 years. i say he was at least trying. a lot of you guys wouldnt even know what to do on a clays range....even if you were invited to learn it for free. lest we forget.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by bobski; 02-08-2013 at 12:27 AM.
LUBrowningBoy Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #14

to support lubrowning boy...pro means, a profession(al) who does something as a profession. a trade.
someone who makes a living at something.

camp david is for recreation. the CIC was enjoying some r&r. are any of you pros at r&r?
long silence.....
thank you.
carry on.

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

LUBrowningBoy Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #15

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Yes, I shoot skeet (the actual game, at a real gun club) every Sunday.
Let me start by saying that I am NOT a fan of our current POTUS, but he could very very be shooting skeet in the pic. Keep in mind that a pic is just a millisecond frozen in time, it might have been (probably was) staged but it could have been taken on a skeet field. In my mind all it proves is that Obama has fired a shot gun at least one time. Nothing more.

Also ^ I agree with Bob up there at the "pro" thing. It's a nit picky thing I have. Technically I am a professional skier as that is what I do to make a living (instructor, coach, boot fitter etc.)
People come to me and say "I am a good skier, but no professional", sometimes I have to bite my tongue and not say "well of course your not, you don't make a living in the ski industry"

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Last edited by JD1969; 02-08-2013 at 01:41 AM.
LUBrowningBoy Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #16

jd...i dont know how you got overlooked but you are more than welcome to come to the ftf fun shoot 9 mar. look the thread up in the mo forum. we got 5 slots open.
cheers!

Retired Naval Aviation