Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Do You Go Skeet Shooting? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/do-you-go-skeet-shooting-83670/)

Vikingdad 02-07-2013 08:44 PM

Do You Go Skeet Shooting?

Or do you shoot skeet?

Am I the only one who noticed that President's odd way of saying that he shoots skeet? (In addition to the odd picture of him shooting a shotgun- in an odd way.)

Does anyone here say "I go skeet shooting all the time"?

Trez 02-07-2013 09:13 PM

Just occasionally, I dont have a mil-surp shotty..... Yet... ;) :p

TimL2952 02-07-2013 09:14 PM

It's really not that big of a deal....I've been competitive in the shooting sports since I was 12 (9 years now) and I have been putting down these rumors against him.

I know people who have regularly for years and have a worse stance than the POTUS...

If you have any questions, fire away...

bobski 02-07-2013 09:26 PM

he looks like hes shooting trap actually. but the truth is he flinched in that pic.

skeet is scandonavian for the word 'shoot.'

but its common practice to say im going skeet shooting...because most people incorrectly think the clay is the skeet.

if you want to bite nails...the actual correct phrase ought to be ....

"are you going to skeet?"

but in scandonavia, that could mean any firearm in any shooting sport.

texaswoodworker 02-07-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 1128302)
It's really not that big of a deal....I've been competitive in the shooting sports since I was 12 (9 years now) and I have been putting down these rumors against him.

I know people who have regularly for years and have a worse stance than the POTUS...

Why was he shooting straight ahead instead of up? Last time I checked, you shoot with the gun pointed up in skeet.

Why doesn't his eyes line up with the sights?

What is that puff of smoke coming from the barrel that is going up and slightly back towards Obama?

Why are we just now hearing about him shooting skeet?

How do we know that pic wasn't staged?

How does him shooting skeet make him even remotely progun? He doesn't understand us, he's not progun.

Vikingdad 02-07-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobski (Post 1128326)
he looks like hes shooting trap actually. but the truth is he flinched in that pic.

skeet is scandonavian for the word 'shoot.'

but its common practice to say im going skeet shooting...because most people incorrectly think the clay is the skeet.

if you want to bite nails...the actual correct phrase ought to be ....

"are you going to skeet?"

but in scandonavia, that could mean any firearm in any shooting sport.

Kind of like saying "ATM machine"?

You know, I am Scandinavian and I never put the two together. I always say we are going to shoot skeet. I will have to change that now!

By the way, that shot Obama took in the picture had to hurt.

DrumJunkie 02-07-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 1128302)

You have putting down rumors that are against him? This just a hobby or are you an Obamaphile that finds it important to make sure POTUS is seen in the..proper light?

AR10 02-07-2013 09:48 PM

I want to, but I am afraid of Internet tampering. lol

Interesting, yesterday, the Internet was a buzz with these images, today, many are gone. I bet the man erased them.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/u...27-620x318.jpg

danf_fl 02-07-2013 10:23 PM

I use to do a lot of skeet when I was younger.
I belonged to the NSSA, but when they closed the range on the base I was assigned to, I just didn't pick it up again.

TimL2952 02-07-2013 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1128330)
Why was he shooting straight ahead instead of up? Last time I checked, you shoot with the gun pointed up in skeet.

Why doesn't his eyes line up with the sights?

What is that puff of smoke coming from the barrel that is going up and slightly back towards Obama?

Why are we just now hearing about him shooting skeet?

How do we know that pic wasn't staged?

How does him shooting skeet make him even remotely progun? He doesn't understand us, he's not progun.

-There really aren't any overexaggerated up or down angles in skeet. Pic attached is of my friend here on the shooting team shooting Skeet. Remember. Small changes at the gun level are multiplied at range.

-If you're shooting a shotgun you don't line up the sights...There are only beads anyways. I removed both of mine because you are supposed to look at the bird, not the barrel.

-The "vertical" puff comes from porting, holes drilled into the barrels to act like a compensator. Pic attached is of me where you can see the porting on my Browning 425 (Same model the POTUS is shooting)

for the rest, there is nothing I can say. The picture could easily be staged, but I wouldn't be surprised if he learned to shoot as a political nicety. Many foreign leaders shoot and it can be used to build relations just like golf.