Do you feel safer since 9/11 ???....
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Do you feel safer since 9/11 ???....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 132 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default Do you feel safer since 9/11 ???....

Yes another ..9/11..Question....Do you feel safer since they have security everywhere since 9/11 of 2001 ???...I think they have stopped some attacks and I do feel more safe,but at the same time,the country has spent alot of money on security...a lot of money...along with two wars...That was there goal to bankrupt this country...and their doing a hell of a job at it......I hope things get better fast,with all the people out of work and everything else...Floods-Wildfires-Tornadoes-Earthquakes...This doe's seem like the end of the world sometimes....What do you think ???...Just wondering ???.......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Safer from terrorist threats? I suppose so, especially since osalami bin ladin is dead, but i wonder about his buddies.

I feel much less safe from my own government. Everytime the TSA screener feels up a grandma, the terrorists win a little more, IMO. It is just nonsensible; i mean, the great door of our southern border is WIDE the eff open, but good luck getting on a plain if you so much as fart wrong.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Yep, right up until the next shoe drops!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-10-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11016 Times on 4769 Posts
Likes Given: 1812

$$$$ spent does not equal security nor safety.

Do I feel safe? Hell no! Do I feel safer? See previous answer.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I truly question the airport security. I've (accidentally) gotten through with knives and spent casings that should have been covered in GSR. But every time I want to take an energy drink through, one thats still sealed, they're all "NOOOO, it might be a bomb. One that is made out of a non volatile liquid with no apparent source of ignition, in a container that would be counter productive to any source of flame."

Vae Victis

Old 09-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I don't feel safer. If the government were profiling extremist Muslims of all races that would make me feel safer. If the airlines would approach airline safety like El Al Airlines in Israel does that would make me feel safer. When they stop taking away my nail clippers when I get on an airplane I may get on a plane again. Until then I am driving, locked and loaded.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #7

Liked 187 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

ya sure I feel safe about as a safe as a deer during deer season, there taking extra steps to make sure that terrorist attacks don't happen "as much". But still some of us have a better chance of getting shot walking out the door in the morning.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I truly question the airport security. I've (accidentally) gotten through with knives and spent casings that should have been covered in GSR. But every time I want to take an energy drink through, one thats still sealed, they're all "NOOOO, it might be a bomb. One that is made out of a non volatile liquid with no apparent source of ignition, in a container that would be counter productive to any source of flame."
My brother also accidentally got through with a knife...he didn't realize he had left it in his backpack until afterwards. And this was after 09/11.

I would like to believe we are more safe, but the reality is that many Americans are still very vulnerable on so many levels. Why sink so much money and effort into security and then allow anyone to run across our southern border?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #9

Liked 132 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I guess well see after today!!!.....

Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Safer is a relative term. I feel safer because I'm better armed and more practiced with the firearms I've acquired over the years. I feel safer because of the training I've put myself through. But overall, for the country, I don't think safety is the concern of any of our politicians. They're too damned busy being oh so politically correct so they don't offend anyone. For example, they're not illegal aliens, they're "undocumented workers." It's not caused by terrorism, it's a "man-caused incident."

Safer? Personally, yes. For the country? Not just no, HELL NO!