Do not text and Drive at the same time!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do not text and Drive at the same time!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1924 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 3927

Default Do not text and Drive at the same time!

Watch the video's!

Heart-Stopping Video: Man Captures Teen’s Alleged Texting-While-Driving Accident | The Blaze

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #2

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

But driving is just so boring!!

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Now wait a minute. That person was texting and driving. But, He was fiddling with his phone to take the video and driving as well. So really it was saying see that idiot can't do it but I can?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
...He was fiddling with his phone to take the video and driving as well. So really it was saying see that idiot can't do it but I can?
While I agree with you, those "activities" are really not the same. Talking to a phone or activating the camera requires a lot less interruption to the user. Texting requires the user to CONSTANTLY read and watch the keyboard to confirm they are getting the message right. JMHO.

There is also the factor individual capabilities. One person may be able to do it w/o any danger and the other cannot. It doesn't make it right, but it is a factor.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #5

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

The guy filming this sure was following awfully close to someone driving that eratically, especially for that length of time. He is lucky he didn't end up in the middle of that accident.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #6

There no actual evidence that the driver was texting. Could very well be the case, but maybe they were drunk or high, etc. At least the guy filming stopped and was going to help. I feel like most people would just keep driving.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
While I agree with you, those "activities" are really not the same. Talking to a phone or activating the camera requires a lot less interruption to the user. Texting requires the user to CONSTANTLY read and watch the keyboard to confirm they are getting the message right. JMHO.

There is also the factor individual capabilities. One person may be able to do it w/o any danger and the other cannot. It doesn't make it right, but it is a factor.
Really driving down the road watching the back of the camera to make sure he is filming is not distracting? If you are holding something in your hand and trying to activate it or type a message while driving YOUR WRONG. End of story.

I will not point out that he was tailgating and swerving himself.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #8

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I would say on average I call 911 and report erratic drivers to the NYSP at least once a month for the past 2yrs now. I've seen people texting, reading magazines, falling asleep, drinking and watching movies.

I read an article once in AAA magazine that said something like 80% of all accidents are driver error or negligence Imagine if every one of them drivers would have been barred from driving?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 06-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Really driving down the road watching the back of the camera to make sure he is filming is not distracting? If you are holding something in your hand and trying to activate it or type a message while driving YOUR WRONG. End of story.

I will not point out that he was tailgating and swerving himself.
Agreed. I have done it myself (texting, etc), and it was stupid.

There once was a law against headphones while driving, IIRC; it seems like that should cover phone use as well to me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post

Distracted driving is distracted driving period. I see no difference between sending a text, and rummaging around trying to find your phone to turn on the camera then try to take a shot.

Even the handsfree systems (headsets, bluetooth) are just as dangerous

Majority of Americans Wrongly Believe Hands-Free Cell Phones Are Safer Than Hand-Held Devices | Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving

New Study: Hands Free Mobile Phone No Safer When Driving

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"