Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do gun stores not like younger people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Please be so.
Not really sure what you mean by that.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #62
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1997 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Not really sure what you mean by that.
Please pay attention to punctuation. It is so tiring to try and read through posts of those who don't punctuate or forget there is an enter key on their computer.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #63

Quote:

Please pay attention to punctuation. It is so tiring to try and read through posts of those who don't punctuate or forget there is an enter key on their computer.
I don't really bother to be proper on this gun forum because I'm not graded on each post. But on a computer I do punctuate a lot more than on my phone because it is like a text message. But if it honestly takes punctuation to get respect it's kind of crazy but I shall do it. I will apologize to Vikingdad too, no disrespect just third and grouchy. But don't really think about punctuation on here I apologize guys.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #64

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Punctuation.

The difference in helping your uncle jack, off his horse.

To helping your uncle jack off his horse.

Lmao

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Last edited by kytowboater; 07-12-2013 at 01:54 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #65
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1997 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
I don't really bother to be proper on this gun forum because I'm not graded on each post. But on a computer I do punctuate a lot more than on my phone because it is like a text message. But if it honestly takes punctuation to get respect it's kind of crazy but I shall do it. I will apologize to Vikingdad too, no disrespect just third and grouchy. But don't really think about punctuation on here I apologize guys.
It's not about respect. It's about making heads or tails of what someone is talking about.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #66

Quote:

It's not about respect. It's about making heads or tails of what someone is talking about.
Well in that case you can tell what I'm talking about

Old 07-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Punctuation.

The difference in helping your uncle jack, off his horse.

To helping your uncle jack off his horse.

Lmao
But that was a classic lol

Old 07-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #68
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otoole View Post
Can someone please explain to me why so many employees at gun stores seem to talk down to me while I'm in the store. Is it because I'm 21, do I look like I'm not going to buy anything there. Is it just the ego of people that work at gun stores. It seems as if every store I go to around me (Durham, NC) that they employees would rather me leave than stay and help me with what I'm looking for. I've been recently trying to find and hold a few options that I've considered for conceal carry. Aside from no gun store near me having a sig p938 which I really want to get my hands on, it's really frustrating to deal with people talking to me like I shouldn't be there.
Yes, I had problems when I was younger.

It's an industry issue. They want to protect their rights, but the only way to do that is through education and the bonds that tie us altogether. Not ignoring the younger crowd that may just be getting into firearms.

I stopped using some local shops and go to Cabelas as a consequence, which honestly I dislike, but at least they treated me right there. I'd rather spend my money on a local level, but not if you're going to disrespect me. I'm sure if I went in now I would not have any issues, but that's besides the point.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Trez Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #69

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

All very good points. Thank you too everybody for voicing some suggestions.

I'm already hooked on guns and that is not going to change. I think that in present time there are not enough people becoming gun owners for any number of reason. If I was looking for my first firearm, didn't do any research, and it was my first time in a gun store and was talked down to I would probably be turned off to owning guns as a hobby. I feel that happens all to often.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #70

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl
It is that exact reason why I will only buy my firearms from my local gunshop. I refuse to buy any firearm from gander mountain or bass pro because I get ignored and it almost impossible to get help. I may only be 18 but that doesn't mean I'm not going to buy anything. And from them being like that I will never buy a gun from them even if it is a little bit cheaper
Ha, our most "respected" local gun shop, Grady's Great Outdoors, is known around town as "Greedy's Great Outdoors" because if you go in to buy a gun and aren't wearing a suit and tie or look like you have billions to spend, you're probably gonna have to use a gun to get some help. Our Ace Hardware that sells guns is a bunch of old fogies that hate anyone under the age of 40. The big retailers like Academy or Dicks, they're all just brain dead.

To the OP:
Wait till you run in to a cop while carrying. To answer your question, no gun shops don't hate young people...when it comes to guns, EVERYONE hates young people. Just as black people often use the reference DWB (driving while black), I think I'm gonna start referring to myself as CWY (carrying while young).