Do gun stores not like younger people - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Do gun stores not like younger people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #51
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Gun shops as a rule are like mice. They are every where and have a short life.
First time I have heard that analogy!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Omg how right are you I was looking at a pistol been wanting asked the guy to see the gun twice I had cash in hand you know what he was doing he said hold on twice because he is playing stupid ass candy land
Buddy it's this simple, the shop is profiling you as a looker. So they apparently don't want your money. Fine, don't give them any. Is there another shop to buy form in your area? I've found that many times the places closest to home are not always the best places to shop. Like I said earlier...Sometimes you have to do a little business with someone to get their attention but they have to be willing to do business. There's a reason many shops don't last long. Because the people running the show are not good businessmen or the employees they hire are not or both. A place wants your money or not.
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #53

DrumJunkie is absolutely right. Awhile ago I went in to Valkyrie Firearms in Santa Clara with my son. we were looking for a 10-round mag for the AR (just couldn't find the magazine for that thing! ) as we were on our way to the public range. The guy literally scoffed at us when we asked if they had any and said "We cater to law enforcement. All of our mags are high capacity, if you want a 10-rounder you will have to order it and wait for it to come in."

Seriously? I don't think so. So I said just that. Actually I think I said "Screw that. I'm not coming back in here again." And I didn't. They went out of business a short time later. The place had that "biker" vibe to it. I am not so sure that it was a LEO focused store, but they certainly weren't trying to welcome any rednecks.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #54

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

A little punctuation goes a long ways when you are trying to get the respect of your elders. You could learn a lot about that from the OP.

Just sayin'.
Not really worried about punctuation on a gun forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Buddy it's this simple, the shop is profiling you as a looker. So they apparently don't want your money. Fine, don't give them any. Is there another shop to buy form in your area? I've found that many times the places closest to home are not always the best places to shop. Like I said earlier...Sometimes you have to do a little business with someone to get their attention but they have to be willing to do business. There's a reason many shops don't last long. Because the people running the show are not good businessmen or the employees they hire are not or both. A place wants your money or not.
+1 have found a few that will honor my business. I actually have one that helped me out alot before I was able to buy a gun period. The older retired guys seem the nicest

Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #56

Quote:
Well OK then. If you aren't worried about it then its not a problem for me to not read your posts.
clr8ter Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #57
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8934 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11938

Vikingdad had some good points. You don't want to go in to a gun store with no knowledge but you also don't want to go in there like a know-it-all. When I bought guns, I'd ask a bunch of questions here, get the knowledge and advice of those who know. Then I'd go to the gun shop and tell them what I'm looking for and what I'd like to look at. Then I ask them to make suggestions to me of similar guns. The salesman and I discuss the pros and cons of each firearm shown me. Then I just keep narrowing it down until I decide on what I want. I have never been treated disrespectfully in a gun store. But I don't gun shop at the big stores like Cabellas, Gander Mountain, etc.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Vikingdad had some good points. You don't want to go in to a gun store with no knowledge but you also don't want to go in there like a know-it-all. When I bought guns, I'd ask a bunch of questions here, get the knowledge and advice of those who know. Then I'd go to the gun shop and tell them what I'm looking for and what I'd like to look at. Then I ask them to make suggestions to me of similar guns. The salesman and I discuss the pros and cons of each firearm shown me. Then I just keep narrowing it down until I decide on what I want. I have never been treated disrespectfully in a gun store. But I don't gun shop at the big stores like Cabellas, Gander Mountain, etc.
True and that's all I do is ask questions. I love learning new things. The big store I personally like is academy always respectful to me.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #59

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Go in and engage the guy at the counter and talk guns. If you sound like you know what the hell you're talking about, you'll usually get respect. I'm young, and the guy at my shop knows me by first name.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #60
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Please be so.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
Vikingdad Likes This