Do gun stores not like younger people - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do gun stores not like younger people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #191
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8500 Times on 4919 Posts
Likes Given: 11050

I was in business with somebody and had a falling out. I wouldn't say anything bad about the other party regardless of what they say about me. I don't think it does any good to my reputation to try and tear down somebody else's. Much the opposite in fact. My former partner is now going out of business, there quality had dropped and the landowner is letting the lease run out (the rent was paid as a percentage of the gross income- and for some reason their sales had dropped.)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #192
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3288 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I was in business with somebody and had a falling out. I wouldn't say anything bad about the other party regardless of what they say about me. I don't think it does any good to my reputation to try and tear down somebody else's. Much the opposite in fact. My former partner is now going out of business, there quality had dropped and the landowner is letting the lease run out (the rent was paid as a percentage of the gross income- and for some reason their sales had dropped.)
I try to carry myself the same way,..but if you wind up being in business with Back Stabbers

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I try to carry myself the same way,..but if you wind up being in business with Back Stabbers
Back stabbers and thieves. My partners we stealing over $15K a year from me and that is just what I could prove.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #194

Quote:

Back stabbers and thieves. My partners we stealing over $15K a year from me and that is just what I could prove.
Thats funny Viking,..One of my Ex-partners is a "blogger" from your general area of Cali..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #195

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

The LGS i work at is owned by 2 of the friendliest old farts you will ever meet. They never met a stranger...We have a small coffee bar / snack shop between the shop and the range, If they get you back there you could waste a whole day, and forget what you came in for.....LOL. Its hard to judge sometimes. Some people come in looking for advice, and others know what they want, or are just looking around, and dont want to be bothered. I usually greet everybody that comes in, introduce myself, and tell them if there is anything they want to see, or have ant questions to just yell for me. Im usually cleaning the rental guns, or working the register, or who knows what....... I would say 70% of the people that come in are regulars that already know me.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #196

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Maybe gun people just aren't good salesmen.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 07-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #197
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
it's not just guns stores, but i have run across them in just about every type of business. some people just don't have good people skills and are not suited for selling to other people. some people just have poor manners as well.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #198

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
That could be.....Most of them are retired, part time (except maybe at the big chain stores)

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Thats funny Viking,..One of my Ex-partners is a "blogger" from your general area of Cali..
Sports blog I imagine?

Quote:

Old 07-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #200

Quote:

Sports blog I imagine?
Left wing politics!!! with a little sports mixed in with movies & TV & Music...And SF,...and he doesn't know if he coming or going!