Do gun stores not like younger people - Page 19
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Do gun stores not like younger people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #181
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

The Guys & Gals that work @ our Range & Shop are outstanding and just all around nice folks! Today(well yesterday now) wife & I made our usual Bi-Monthly trip and Both RSO's were glad to see us! The Owner was her usual great self,..and we got a few bucks off our day when they gave me the rental of an Uzi Pistol and two Mags *Free* when I bought 300 Rds. of .9mm( 100 Dynamic research 85 Gr. +P Hp's & 200 Blazer 124 Gr. FMJ's....) but sadly they are out of .22LR Bricks again Had to settle for 2-100 Rd. CCI Mini Mags ...:-( Guess it's back to the Internet!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #182

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Wow!!
I went to a gun store from Hell yesterday and won't ever be going back there again and i'm almost 50 years old!! So it's not just a young people thing,it's the poor training and sales staff that some stores hire.

The sales staff wouldn't even acknowledge I was in their gun shop,with 3 salesmen and one customer in the whole store? Finally one gets enough energy to say "Hey" and starts showing me a few handguns. I look at a few and ask some questions after showing me about 3 handguns the sales person wouldn't answer any questions??? He just stood there looking down at the floor not answering any questions and looking like a knot on a tree?

I ask him a couple more questions no response?? I finally turn around and start walking out the door,I don't even get a "Is there anything else we can show you?" or even a "Don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out?" I had all intensions of a purchase and could've bought everything in their display cabinet,guess they lose a sales and customer?.
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #183

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I typically already know what I want and am not shy about yelling for someone's attention.

The only question I generally have is who will sell it to me for the lowest cost.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 07-20-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #184
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Wow!!
I went to a gun store from Hell yesterday and won't ever be going back there again and i'm almost 50 years old!! So it's not just a young people thing,it's the poor training and sales staff that some stores hire.

The sales staff wouldn't even acknowledge I was in their gun shop,with 3 salesmen and one customer in the whole store? Finally one gets enough energy to say "Hey" and starts showing me a few handguns. I look at a few and ask some questions after showing me about 3 handguns the sales person wouldn't answer any questions??? He just stood there looking down at the floor not answering any questions and looking like a knot on a tree?

I ask him a couple more questions no response?? I finally turn around and start walking out the door,I don't even get a "Is there anything else we can show you?" or even a "Don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out?" I had all intensions of a purchase and could've bought everything in their display cabinet,guess they lose a sales and customer?.
i understand completely! i am 50 and still run across the same attitude sometimes. personally i thinks it's poor customer skills and poor manners and wouldn't make any difference in the product they were selling.

me, i won't even waste my time. if they were that slow and that slow to wait on me, then i'd be gone very shortly. my attitude is that you treat everyone that walks through the dor as a possible customer and every sale the same, whether the customer spent $30 or $3000.
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #185
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

See that's what I don't Understand: how In this Economy you can treat a potential customer poorly!! Even the WORST of the LGS's here(the one that Gouges folks on Ammo(ex. $10 for 50 Western X HP .22LR's) treats whomever walks in the door Nicely, which is the only reason I still go in there at all. He actually did "Excellent Work" on 2 of my .9's for me...

Even the Big Box Big Five may be a little slow getting to you as a customer but Every person Working in the store treats the customers Like GOLD(which is why I keep shopping there!), even if your buying 1 box of ammo. I try to buy as much ammo there as possible...and they are now Ordering .9mm & .38 Spl. at least 2x per month.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
See that's what I don't Understand: how In this Economy you can treat a potential customer poorly!! Even the WORST of the LGS's here(the one that Gouges folks on Ammo(ex. $10 for 50 Western X HP .22LR's) treats whomever walks in the door Nicely, which is the only reason I still go in there at all. He actually did "Excellent Work" on 2 of my .9's for me...

Even the Big Box Big Five may be a little slow getting to you as a customer but Every person Working in the store treats the customers Like GOLD(which is why I keep shopping there!), even if your buying 1 box of ammo. I try to buy as much ammo there as possible...and they are now Ordering .9mm & .38 Spl. at least 2x per month.....
how they stay in business is beyond me, and probably some will fail because of their poor manners and customer skills, even if the economy were better.

the smaller the town or city, the faster word gets around until they usually end up with next to no business and have to close the doors, because of poor sales. the larger the town or city the more people they can treat poorly!

Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #187

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i understand completely! i am 50 and still run across the same attitude sometimes. personally i thinks it's poor customer skills and poor manners and wouldn't make any difference in the product they were selling.

me, i won't even waste my time. if they were that slow and that slow to wait on me, then i'd be gone very shortly. my attitude is that you treat everyone that walks through the dor as a possible customer and every sale the same, whether the customer spent $30 or $3000.
Axxe I agree very poor customer and sales skills,a lot of these younger sales staff don't remember just how slow gun sales have been in the past.

The sad thing about this retail store,they're affiliated(owned) by a large world wide online gun and reloading supply business and locally I believe they're hurting their local reputation,Graff & Sons reloading supplies from Mexico.MO.
The business started in retail in 58' in an old gas station,grew their business into a large gun store in the 60s and 70s,then in the late 80s early 90s? went mail order only.

Later they then decided to open another retail store in around 2000?
Everytime I've been to their retail store they've been rude and inattentive to customers??

Once I bought some bases and rings for three rifles from them,I wanted to get the scope as low as possible to the barrel on my main hunting rifle.
The sales person said to make sure let's put them on the rifle to make sure they would fit with the scope? I thought that was great customer service?,until the guy wanted to charge me for mounting the bases and rings,not leveling the scope or even bore sighting it? I just wanted to know which set of rings would work best with the particular scope I just bought from them online? LOL Rant over!

Again I agree doesn't matter if you're young or old, purchasing a 10 dollar item or half the store,treat your customers right and they will be back to buy again.

I have about 6 months I will be in the fifty club,sure did get here fast? lol
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Axxe I agree very poor customer and sales skills,a lot of these younger sales staff don't remember just how slow gun sales have been in the past.

The sad thing about this retail store,they're affiliated(owned) by a large world wide online gun and reloading supply business and locally I believe they're hurting their local reputation,Graff & Sons reloading supplies from Mexico.MO.
The business started in retail in 58' in an old gas station,grew their business into a large gun store in the 60s and 70s,then in the late 80s early 90s? went mail order only.

Later they then decided to open another retail store in around 2000?
Everytime I've been to their retail store they've been rude and inattentive to customers??

Once I bought some bases and rings for three rifles from them,I wanted to get the scope as low as possible to the barrel on my main hunting rifle.
The sales person said to make sure let's put them on the rifle to make sure they would fit with the scope? I thought that was great customer service?,until the guy wanted to charge me for mounting the bases and rings,not leveling the scope or even bore sighting it? I just wanted to know which set of rings would work best with the particular scope I just bought from them online? LOL Rant over!

Again I agree doesn't matter if you're young or old, purchasing a 10 dollar item or half the store,treat your customers right and they will be back to buy again.

I have about 6 months I will be in the fifty club,sure did get here fast? lol
yes 50 snuck up on me fast!

poor customer skills can kill a business fast. personally i will do business with someone who charges a little more that treats me with respect and like my business as a customer is important. the older i have gotten, the more paitent i am. so if i am treated like crap as a customer, i can wait and buy it elsewhere that appreciates my business.
MOshooter Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #189

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
how they stay in business is beyond me, and probably some will fail because of their poor manners and customer skills, even if the economy were better.

the smaller the town or city, the faster word gets around until they usually end up with next to no business and have to close the doors, because of poor sales. the larger the town or city the more people they can treat poorly!
See, that's what's confusing......There was 2 gun shops in town the 1st was very nice to me and my wife, we didn't buy anything. Small shop, just opened, not much stock. They didn't last long. The other shop has been around for several years now, and even though they are only like 2 miles away, I stopped going there. 1st, he has no stock to speak of. 2nd, the stories I hear about that place scare me. The guy is weird, and he has, for lack of a better term, that "Cop Attitude". Somehow, he's made it this far. I don't get it......

Now, there is/was something between the 2 guys. They were related in business at one time, and had a falling out, and for a while I think they were circulating stories about each other. But now that one of them is gone, you just continue to hear bad stories about the one that's left.....

Old 07-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
See, that's what's confusing......There was 2 gun shops in town the 1st was very nice to me and my wife, we didn't buy anything. Small shop, just opened, not much stock. They didn't last long. The other shop has been around for several years now, and even though they are only like 2 miles away, I stopped going there. 1st, he has no stock to speak of. 2nd, the stories I hear about that place scare me. The guy is weird, and he has, for lack of a better term, that "Cop Attitude". Somehow, he's made it this far. I don't get it......

Now, there is/was something between the 2 guys. They were related in business at one time, and had a falling out, and for a while I think they were circulating stories about each other. But now that one of them is gone, you just continue to hear bad stories about the one that's left.....
how they stay in business is a mystery sometimes. maybe it comes down to money and they have other sources of income. maybe they make enough money of the few customers they do have to stay in business.

i will say this, if i am treated poorly, you can bet your last dollar that they won't get my business.