Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do gun stores not like younger people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1090 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Walk into the gun store with hundred dollar bills hanging out of your shirt pocket and you will get all the respect you ask for.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19850 Times on 11273 Posts
Likes Given: 50030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Walk into the gun store with hundred dollar bills hanging out of your shirt pocket and you will get all the respect you ask for.
maybe, maybe not. IMO, they would be respecting Ben Franklin, not the person.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #113

Liked 215 Times on 142 Posts

Just remember, in today's environment PEOPLE in general are lazy A-holes, be they gun store employees, fast food, mechanics, airline employees, etc.

It has come to the point that when I go anywhere and receive good service it is refreshing and I tip accordingly if applicable. If not I let the owner/manager know I had a nice experience.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #114

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I also have had this happen to me many times. I do most of my buying at pawn shops in my home town. Employees at both places treat me with great respect and always have. I've bought and traded several firearms from both places. The only issue I have at these places is getting hateful looks from some of the customers. I sure as hell don't dress funny and I don't act like a know it all, in fact I rarely even speak unless I'm spoken to. This happened to me a few months ago. I had cash in my pocket and I was planning on buying an old bolt action or single shot shotgun. I walk into the store and I tell the guy what I'm looking for. He grabs a couple of New England single shots and one Stevens and lays them on the counter. Then he grabs a couple of Mossberg bolt action shotguns and lays them on the counter also. While I'm looking all of them over I notice this guy next to me is giving me go to hell looks. He wasn't in any uniform but he looked like a LEO or he was in the military. Big, buff, bauled, and well dressed. I didn't say anything to the guy I just gave himself one good go to hell look. Then I picked out one of the Mossbergs and told the employee this is the one that I will buy. As he's putting back all of the other shotguns I had noticed that he forgot the magazine to the other Mossberg was still on the counter, so I told him. After that the customer who was giving me go to hell looks started talking to me and pointing out several rifles and shotguns on the shelf that would be a great buy. I guess just saying "magazine" made him think different of me.

There are two gun shops in a town about thirty miles from my home town. One of them has only been around for about half a year and is getting great business because of their customer service. Every time that I walk in that gun shop they always ask if there's something I want to look at or if there's something that I'm looking for. They also always say if we don't have what you want then we can order it. They have always treated anyone who walks in with respect. But the other gun shop is owned and ran by a family of Douche Bags. They're not hateful to just young people like me, they're hateful to everyone. My Pa went there one day to replace a firing pin in a New England single shot 12 guage. Right when he walked in the store the owners son yelled at him saying "don't you know that gun is supposed to be broken open before you walk in here!". Also their prices are outrageous. The only thing keeping them in businesses is the fact that the owner is the only gunsmith around for miles.

The worst places that I've seen stuck up gun shop owners are at gun shows. The only time they will even look at you is if you are holding a magazine or a sling that you had just recently bought from someone else. Then again some of the other gun shop owners, such as the country folks, can be very friendly and enjoyable to chat with.

If young people get interested in firearms then encourage them and teach them. Don't be rude, hateful or a flat out prick. After all, when all of you elders are gone the young people of today will be the ones fighting to keep the Second Amendment alive just as you have.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #115

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5Beard
I also have had this happen to me many times. I do most of my buying at pawn shops in my home town. Employees at both places treat me with great respect and always have. I've bought and traded several firearms from both places. The only issue I have at these places is getting hateful looks from some of the customers. I sure as hell don't dress funny and I don't act like a know it all, in fact I rarely even speak unless I'm spoken to. This happened to me a few months ago. I had cash in my pocket and I was planning on buying an old bolt action or single shot shotgun. I walk into the store and I tell the guy what I'm looking for. He grabs a couple of New England single shots and one Stevens and lays them on the counter. Then he grabs a couple of Mossberg bolt action shotguns and lays them on the counter also. While I'm looking all of them over I notice this guy next to me is giving me go to hell looks. He wasn't in any uniform but he looked like a LEO or he was in the military. Big, buff, bauled, and well dressed. I didn't say anything to the guy I just gave himself one good go to hell look. Then I picked out one of the Mossbergs and told the employee this is the one that I will buy. As he's putting back all of the other shotguns I had noticed that he forgot the magazine to the other Mossberg was still on the counter, so I told him. After that the customer who was giving me go to hell looks started talking to me and pointing out several rifles and shotguns on the shelf that would be a great buy. I guess just saying "magazine" made him think different of me.

There are two gun shops in a town about thirty miles from my home town. One of them has only been around for about half a year and is getting great business because of their customer service. Every time that I walk in that gun shop they always ask if there's something I want to look at or if there's something that I'm looking for. They also always say if we don't have what you want then we can order it. They have always treated anyone who walks in with respect. But the other gun shop is owned and ran by a family of Douche Bags. They're not hateful to just young people like me, they're hateful to everyone. My Pa went there one day to replace a firing pin in a New England single shot 12 guage. Right when he walked in the store the owners son yelled at him saying "don't you know that gun is supposed to be broken open before you walk in here!". Also their prices are outrageous. The only thing keeping them in businesses is the fact that the owner is the only gunsmith around for miles.

The worst places that I've seen stuck up gun shop owners are at gun shows. The only time they will even look at you is if you are holding a magazine or a sling that you had just recently bought from someone else. Then again some of the other gun shop owners, such as the country folks, can be very friendly and enjoyable to chat with.

If young people get interested in firearms then encourage them and teach them. Don't be rude, hateful or a flat out prick. After all, when all of you elders are gone the young people of today will be the ones fighting to keep the Second Amendment alive just as you have.
I refuse to go to pawn shops anymore after I walked in once yesterday and saw how they were taking advantage of the shortages to rape people. They're selling 20 round boxes of .223 TulAmmo, that sells for $5.99 at Academy Sports, for $28.95. They're selling 50 round boxes of American Eagle .40S&W for $42.95, and they're selling the Taurus Millennium Pro G2 9mm that I want, which has an MSRP of $349, for $489! They're just crooks.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #116

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
I refuse to go to pawn shops anymore after I walked in once yesterday and saw how they were taking advantage of the shortages to rape people. They're selling 20 round boxes of .223 TulAmmo, that sells for $5.99 at Academy Sports, for $28.95. They're selling 50 round boxes of American Eagle .40S&W for $42.95, and they're selling the Taurus Millennium Pro G2 9mm that I want, which has an MSRP of $349, for $489! They're just crooks.
I don't blame them, simply because there are people who will to pay for it.

I place blame on people who didn't prepare ahead of time. If everyone would consider these possibilities in advance, then when **** does hit the fan, there isn't a sudden run on supplies.

What happened here with Ammo and Firearms (since Dec) is what would happen with food & water and supplies if literal **** ever hit the actual fan (major disaster)

That's why a lot of people "prep". Whether it be ammo, food, water, or whatever.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #117

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

I don't blame them, simply because there are people who will to pay for it.

I place blame on people who didn't prepare ahead of time. If everyone would consider these possibilities in advance, then when **** does hit the fan, there isn't a sudden run on supplies.
Well remind me never to shop at your business. I understand supply and demand. But I don't even think people are buying it. They're just trying to take advantage of the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
What happened here with Ammo and Firearms (since Dec) is what would happen with food & water and supplies if literal **** ever hit the actual fan (major disaster)

That's why a lot of people "prep". Whether it be ammo, food, water, or whatever.
If the literal **** ever hit the actual fan, that wouldn't imply a major disaster. When you say literal, that means literal. Actual **** would hit an actual fan. Nothing would happen with water and supplies, there would just be a lot of actual **** to clean up. And you'd probably wanna kick whoever's ass who throw the actual **** in the actual fan, cause that's just gross.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #118

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

To the OP..... Look on the bright side, it's something that you will out grow and not have to worry about as you get older.

Age will bring an abundance of new problems to deal with.....

Old 07-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #119

Liked 1090 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 276

No, gun stores don't like younger people.....no one does.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #120

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
No, gun stores don't like younger people.....no one does.
LOL, that was funny