Do gun stores not like younger people
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do gun stores not like younger people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Default Do gun stores not like younger people

Can someone please explain to me why so many employees at gun stores seem to talk down to me while I'm in the store. Is it because I'm 21, do I look like I'm not going to buy anything there. Is it just the ego of people that work at gun stores. It seems as if every store I go to around me (Durham, NC) that they employees would rather me leave than stay and help me with what I'm looking for. I've been recently trying to find and hold a few options that I've considered for conceal carry. Aside from no gun store near me having a sig p938 which I really want to get my hands on, it's really frustrating to deal with people talking to me like I shouldn't be there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #2

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Gun stores like older people with money,not gazers just looking.

"FACT"

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #3

I'm not just gazing and it's not that hard to convince me to buy something else. I have the money.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2126 Times on 1153 Posts
Likes Given: 769

Don't think it's just because your young. I've met quite a few folks who work in GS's who think everyone is an idiot until they get to know them.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

It is that exact reason why I will only buy my firearms from my local gunshop. I refuse to buy any firearm from gander mountain or bass pro because I get ignored and it almost impossible to get help. I may only be 18 but that doesn't mean I'm not going to buy anything. And from them being like that I will never buy a gun from them even if it is a little bit cheaper

Old 07-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7104 Times on 3887 Posts
Likes Given: 14354

Visit a pawn shop, they will make you appreciate the a-holes at the gun shops.

People Like This 
Old 07-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8260 Times on 4772 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

My two teenage (16 and 18 now) sons are treated very respectfully at the gun stores we frequent. May be because they have demonstrated that they are worthy of respect. It is sometimes tough to gain that respect though. As mentioned, some stores make you really work for it. that is their prerogative and we do not frequent those stores. Spending money there does help. Also, try not to wear clothes that make you look like a gangbanger or COD poseur.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Ask to speak to the owner or manager. Tell them how their employees make ya feel.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #9

I may play COD but I know about guns and I'm not going into stores asking for full auto guns. Most times I'm in a gun store I'm most likely wearing jeans and a plain t shirt. It's also hard to go to gun stores a lot to gain their respect seeing as I'm a full time student and work. I understand spending money helps but if they want to talk down to me I'm not going to give them money.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #10

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I know what you mean. I'm 24, and it took me a while to find a store that treats me fairly. Because of the they have gotten quite a bit of money from me. All but one of the employees was nice. I think he no longer works there.

They all have a crap attitude at most other places. Sad that I'm moving away and have to find another store.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.