Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Do "Gun-Free" Zones Encourage School Shootings?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 10-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #22

Liked 500 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Gotta love old threads from the dead...

A lot of Ann Arbor MI, is gun free thanks to the University of Michigan being gun free zones. Guess what, as the surrounding area is getting armed, the crime is moving to the gun free zone.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In the uk it is illegal to own a firearm for self defense, we have had loads of massacres which all result in tighter firearm control. If we (Scotland) gt independence from the rest of the uk then the head man wants to ban firearms completely, none, for any reason, including air rifles and realistic bb guns and airsoft. And every time there is a massacre police are killed because they are unarmed. All the crims have pistols and automatic weapons anyway so I say don't disarm the rest of us. Gun free zones are targeted because it's easy to massacre folk because no one is there to stop you. If we get independence I will import a firearm and take over the country, who will stop me? The government without a military? I could do it because they want to disarm themselves. Anders Breivik attacked an island full of liberals, there was no one there to stop him because it was a gun free zone. The fact that it is gun free encourages murderers because there is nothing inside that zone to stop them bringing in a weapon. Gun free zones don't save lives at all, they make it easier to kill multiple folk. I should know, my whole country is a gun free zone. And anything carried for self defense is illegal here, if you can walk it is illegal to carry a cane or stick.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Imagine if Breivik attacked a republican camp, all that needs to be said, 69 less murdered.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #25

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

...... Lol

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

I thought Easter already passed. Looks like this is the second resurrection of this thread already! It's died over a year ago, nearly two, was brought back and killed, and will die again soon. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!!!?

Last edited by Georgiahunter; 04-17-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #27

Liked 3676 Times on 1812 Posts
Likes Given: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
Its like i told my friends as we were watching the news after the virginia tech shootings... "all it would have taken is one person with one gun and one bullet to save a lot of lives." I do not understand how anyone could support the outlaw of firearms. i'm a 20 year old kid and i understand the importance of being armed in todays society, why do the well educated politicians not get it?
The "well educated" politicians do get it but most of them don't care. Thier purpose is to "increase" the power of the political class and a confident, peaceful citizenry does not serve this end.

Our leaders know that a "scared" population frightened by the threat of violent criminal attack or terrorism is "quick" to sacrifice a little more liberty for the illusion of safety.

"He who would sacrifice liberty for the promise of temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Tack