Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Do "Gun-Free" Zones Encourage School Shootings?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Why won't there be guns in the hands of trained professionals in schools......because libs run the schools.

* Rom. 12:12

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."
- Henry Varley to DL Moody

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm not certain they "encourage" shootings, but they sure as heck "facilitate" them. What the Air Force calls a "target rich environment," where no-body will be shooting back.

The news media on the other hand, does encourage mass shootings, by giving the shooters their 15 minutes (+) of fame. There is hardly a day that goes by when we don't hear about some kid who wants to copy-cat Columbine.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #13

If you want to understand liberals, we can look at our old friend Jimmy Carter... after admitting that he owns several guns he rambled on about people that want to own guns just wanting to shoot cops or do a Columbine style shooting... so knowbody should own guns... well, on second thought, just hit yourself in the head with a sledge hammer about 10 times and then maybe you can understand where they are coming from.

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
- GEORGE WASHINGTON (from his Farewell Address, 1796) .

Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have three boys in school. I sat them down and asked them what they thought about their teachers being armed. I know how I feel about it but since they are the ones in that situation I wanted to ask them. All three of them were overwhelming in their support for the teachers to have weapons in school. I carry everywhere I go that is allowed by law. They know that and they feel more secure with that. My 10 year old even pointed out that students would be less likely to attack at a school full of guns and in the hands of someone who was trained to use them.My 16 year old pointed out that while they have a deputy there at all times how many bullets can be fired before he or she can react? Now I have raised my kids that it is a duty and honor to protect those that you love. It is an honor to shape the minds of young people. I feel that way with my boys. These young people that are shooting up schools I believe were never taught to respect a firearm much less anyone around them. I could be wrong cause the world is full of sick dogs but thats the way they should be treated too. To me and my three boys "Gun Free Zones" are just a way to make people more vulnerable. No child should ever have to feel like he or she is in danger. I think that laws are made with haste and emotion. I know when I hear about kids getting hurt it makes me literally sick to my stomach!!!!

Old 02-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #15

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

"An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity."

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Look I work in a elementary school and you should have sen some of the eyes when I pull out my Kershaw OSO Sweet and flick it open. They have said do you carry that everyday. Yes except for the days I forget to put it on.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #17

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
Its like i told my friends as we were watching the news after the virginia tech shootings... "all it would have taken is one person with one gun and one bullet to save a lot of lives." I do not understand how anyone could support the outlaw of firearms. i'm a 20 year old kid and i understand the importance of being armed in todays society, why do the well educated politicians not get it?
Quoted for Truth

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Quoted for Truth
Quoted for old thread that has been rehashed all over again...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #19

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Bahhhhhhh.
oh well too late now

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #20

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

What most people are missing is after someone is elected to POWER they need more and more to maintain the hi they got ( yes just like a drug ) when elected.

One way to get that hi is to exert more power over their subjects - - - yes they look at the electoriate as subjects to be controled!

I think most of them realise the truth of firearms in compitent hands but they feel they have the only compitent hands around!

Remember "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I attended Martinsville High School in the early 1960s and if I wanted to go rabbit ( or squirl or quale ) hunting with a buddy after school I would place my shotgun or rifle behind the bus drivers seat, at school the teacher would keep it behind his ( or her ) desk.

In hunting season you would see several students wearing hunting vest with skinning knives in tact. We never had an incident. Now no weapons ( not even pocket knives ) are allowed and they just had a shooting about 6 months ago.

No one would have considered anything like that back then as they would be sure it would not end well for them!

Last edited by gwk4667; 10-01-2011 at 11:10 PM.