Dmv - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dmv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1089 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 340

I needed to get a copy of my registration and my clear title since I was selling a vehicle today. I'm pretty sure it can be done online and I know it can be done via mail but that would have taken to long.

Maryland is requiring proof of citizenship and legally being in this country for new drivers licenses but not for renewals. The sign said it was a federal requirement.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by Yunus; 02-09-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
...right now they are making folks go in, show proof of citizenship...
{loud clapping} Good call! I would be happier waiting in line if i knew that was the reason.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8739 Times on 3778 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

DMV, Dr or dentist- will have a paperback book in my pocket. You want to see what the 7th circle of Hell must have looked like in dante;s Inferno? Take you pick- Go to the Virginia Vital Statistics office to get a birth certificate, or visit ANY Emergency Room on a Saturday night.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 AM   #14

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
The worst DMV I have ever been to was New Jersey. Here in VA it is not too bad. Most everything you can do on line anymore.

Hang in there and for gods sakes don't get caught looking at FTF they will arrest you.
Hey leave NJ out of this the system has improved. Most of the people that work there speak English now, it only takes 3 or 4 hours to renew a driver's license and you don't have to take an entire day off from work to get your car inspected, they are open Saturdays from 11:15 till 12:00...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

You should see the DMV in Tacoma Wa. !! IF there was a place to "need" to carry a pistol, it would be there.

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Here in NC the DMV is a nightmare thanks to all the dang mexicans! Apparently it's easier for them to get a license here in NC with their stolen SS# then in neighboring states so they all flock here. The tag office is a nightmare too, in my 14 years of registering cars I've met one woman at a tag office in Asheville that was friendly and helpful.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Hey leave NJ out of this the system has improved. Most of the people that work there speak English now, it only takes 3 or 4 hours to renew a driver's license and you don't have to take an entire day off from work to get your car inspected, they are open Saturdays from 11:15 till 12:00...
It took me 10 minutes to get my car inspected. I went down to Cherry Hill and they had this big azz drive through shop with about 8 or 10 bays. You pull up a guy comes out gives you paper work clip board and pen you fill it out while waiting in line. Once you pull up you get out they drive the car in get your paper work inspect it and your out in 10 or 15 minutes.

Now the time I went to the DMV it did take me 9 hours to do something simple. there was no room to sit so I stood when I did get a seat a women would walk over and I would let her take it. Even if one did flip me off for doing it. That was the most miserable day in my life. I even got called a fear mongering baby killer at one point. I was in BDU's at the time. Ain't nothing like an aging hippy biznatch with nothing better to do than call me names. What pissed her off even more is when I said thank you ma'am.....

I am sorry but NJ can suck it that state needs to be blown off the country. Nothing good has ever came out of there. All it is is a trash pit for New York City. I seen so many stuck up worthless douche bags there than any other place. I had a trooper give me a ticket because I was in a GOV and didn't have an insurance card. hummmmm hello dumbazz no GOV has a insurance card it is a federal govt car just like your stupid cruiser doesn't have one. I fought it and still had to pay a fine. If that entire state caught on fire I wouldn't even piss on it to put it out.

Sorry dude. been there done that.

Oh an my car insurance for a Hyundia Accent was $450 a month when I moved to VA it went down to $35. I paid more in insurance that I did for the car that is just BULL SH!T. Then they were passing a law that said your insurance rates would double or some crap if you paid your car off and it was over 5 years old. WHAT THE HELL is that crap. Extorting money from you because you don't go buy a new car every 4 or 5 years. The sapranos can keep that cesspool called NJ. You can't look at a gun unless you have a FOID, you can't shot anything there nothing is legal. OMG I hate NJ lived there 3 stinking years and hated every minute of it. I will not even drive through the state I will go out of my way to go around it.

Last edited by cpttango30; 02-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #18

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I've lived in about a third of the 50 states and the DMV is the one similarity between all of them. Rude people, terrible service, and bad attitudes. To experience what government run healthcare would be like - spend a day at the DMV...

Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Damn, it must be them big city DMV offices that have all the waiting and poking around and such. Here, in Okieland around where I live, I am in and out in about 10 minutes, the staff is friendly and plenty of them, polite and....oh yea, I am a disabled veteran, that must be it. Sometimes, there is no one else in line and I am out in 5. The driver license line seems to be the busiest. Sorry guys.

Now, lets talk about the damn post office.

That's a fracking nightmare and is more closer related to the horror stories about the DMV you guys are sharing, even here!! They suck!!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”