Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For The DIY Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default For The DIY Types

I stumbled on this tonight:

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

Not sure if this needs to be moved, just thought it was interesting.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #2

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Yeah, I kinda figured anything that will remove powder and copper fowling from a firearm wouldn't be a good ingredient for your morning tea.

I like how they made sure to include... Keep away from stupid people! That one gave me a chuckle. The world would be a better/safer place if everything with a label included those words. LOL!

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #3

Most people aren't stupid, just ignorant of the risks. If you are going to mix your own cleaners follow the recipe exactly. Don't subsitute ingredients or try to "improve" a recipe unless you know what you're doing.

If you clean a lot, even using commercial products, you should consider doing it outside, throwing a fan in a window, or investing in a good respirator.

I would avoid ammonia in concentrations greater than 10%. IMO the health risks just aren't worth it. Also be aware that ammonia will attack aluminum.

Bill

"Why do I stay at Dunder Mifflin? It's not for the paycheck. I could make more as a doctor or a professional athlete"
Michael Scott - The Office

Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Many of these components are known carcinogens and that's the reason that they're no longer found in commercial products. If you choose to make and use these solutions, it is done at your own risk and should be done with proper PPE.

Firearms Talk is allowing this information to remain posted for informational purposes and assumes no responsibility for misuse of said information.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.