divorce - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > divorce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

First I will admit, I have never been married and so I can't really say much on it but I wish you the best.

What I can tell you is listen to what the child wants, my parents split when I was four years old and they did weekly custody 50/50 every friday and from the age of 4 to 18 I was living week to week out of a duffle bag going back and fourth and I was miserable in doing it. Week after week going back and forth, it was not fun.

Again I wish you the best.
Jeff

Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Will try to paste this puppy in - this may be the OP if he continues to believe in the "Civil Divorce Theory."

the-definition-insanity-charlie-brown-lucy-football-demotivational-posters-1350975109.jpg

Yes, you are only responsible for your "own actions" but forewarned is forearmed and no man enters the bear's cave w/o some precautions...

Remember the old adage about Hell hath no fury like.....The respondents are trying to ensure you don't have to find out - "The HARD Way."

Trying to DIY is like playing Russian Roulette w your Wife loading the gun. Brother, I can't say it any simpler.

My prayers are w you.

definition-insanity-charlie-brown-lucy-football-demotivational-posters-1350975109.jpg  

Last edited by Gonzilla; 02-25-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Attempting to add picture - may not have been successful
dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #83
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7104 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8617

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
First I will admit, I have never been married and so I can't really say much on it but I wish you the best.

What I can tell you is listen to what the child wants, my parents split when I was four years old and they did weekly custody 50/50 every friday and from the age of 4 to 18 I was living week to week out of a duffle bag going back and fourth and I was miserable in doing it. Week after week going back and forth, it was not fun.

Jeff
My kids spent weekends with their Dad. As they got older and got involved in sports and school activities and got jobs, they spent less and less time with their Dad. It's too bad you were forced to do that to the age of 18.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

suck it up, be the grown up, and do the right thing for you daughter

Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #85

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Get the most low down snake lawyer you can afford. You want the dirtiest lawyer you can find. If you feel your child would be better with you FIGHT YOUR ASS OFF. Been there done that got the papers to prove it.

Don't speek to her at all once you start. Not a single word to your soon to be ex. Don't tell her anything. and for god sakes keep your pecker in your pants till you get the final paper work. Don't go out to bars don't bring home strangers.

What ever you do before during or after Do not let your ex or yourself use your child to punish the other.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #86
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Get the most low down snake lawyer you can afford. You want the dirtiest lawyer you can find. If you feel your child would be better with you FIGHT YOUR ASS OFF. Been there done that got the papers to prove it.

Don't speek to her at all once you start. Not a single word to your soon to be ex. Don't tell her anything. and for god sakes keep your pecker in your pants till you get the final paper work. Don't go out to bars don't bring home strangers.

What ever you do before during or after Do not let your ex or yourself use your child to punish the other.
I would not get a 'snake lawyer'. Why make it a war if it doesn't have to be? It doesn't sound like either of them want to 'fight this out'. There was communication throughout my divorce and ours went as smooth as a divorce can go.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #87

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I would not get a 'snake lawyer'. Why make it a war if it doesn't have to be? It doesn't sound like either of them want to 'fight this out'. There was communication throughout my divorce and ours went as smooth as a divorce can go.
I would get a very, very good lawyer. NOT all divorces go smooth Winds! I've been married to ZG for 7 years now and I STILL go back to court for stupid SH!T. So, YES you might have to get a "snake" lawyer because for some stupid reason the courts usually side with the women.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #88
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10702

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post

Jeff
I disagree. I was maybe 6 or 7 when my parents first indicated they were considering a separation. They stayed together until I was 13 and they did divorce. No child of any age can even begin to understand the complexities of marriage, let alone the heartbreak of having that marriage fall apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post

Do not get a "snake lawyer" unless you yourself are a snake. Those bastards should not be encouraged. Get a good lawyer who understands family law and shares your values. Shared values and common morals will make for a better client/attorney relationship. That having been said, I think I would look for a female divorce attorney, as in my opinion it takes another woman in order to be truly ruthless to another woman. Men are generally unable to do that (well, at least normal men).

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #89
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I would get a very, very good lawyer. NOT all divorces go smooth Winds! I've been married to ZG for 7 years now and I STILL go back to court for stupid SH!T. So, YES you might have to get a "snake" lawyer because for some stupid reason the courts usually side with the women.
Yes, I agree. A good lawyer but not a 'snake lawyer'. I had a good lawyer and I, too, was taken to court off and on as he tried to lower child support or get out of paying his half of the medical bills not covered by insurance. Fortunately, the judge we always stood before was very fair.

To me, 'snake lawyer' implies a lawyer who's going to try to be underhanded and contentious. But I do know a bit about the history of your divorce and your ex-wife. I understand what you're saying.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-26-2013 at 01:50 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #90
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
"Stupid Sh!t" from a previous entanglement I hope!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

dango Likes This