divorce - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > divorce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
The best part of getting divorced... finding the bestest wife EVER
Change that to girlfriend and it applies to me as well.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #132
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Trip I feel for you man, my first marriage was a train wreck too, and it lasted 20 years. Like you there were some good times, actually good years, when things worked. But when the cheating, lying and yelling started up it was hell on earth. I'd never want to live through something like that again. Also like you I ended up with something good out of the marriage though, two wonderful kids that have brought me wonderful grand kids to boot. I love all of them heart and soul and because of that I can find peace with that past. Thanks for posting, it takes a real man to bare his soul like that.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #133
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
The best part of getting divorced... finding the bestest wife EVER
Agreed, but finding the best husband of course. I met my ex husband when I was 15. We were only married for 5 years but were together for 13. We had both changed and weren't meant to be together. We had made mistakes, agreed to move on and wanted to do it as friends. He still comes to all of my family get togethers with his wife and son and he actually works with Fathead and my cousin. I wish Fathead's ex was as cool as mine........ She's a psycho!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Better to have a psycho ex, than a psycho current.... As long as they leave you alone.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #135

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Fortunately I can't give you any advice on this subject,i've been with my only wife now for 27 years/married 25

Best wishes for your child and your future.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #136
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 875 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Agreed, but finding the best husband of course. I met my ex husband when I was 15. We were only married for 5 years but were together for 13. We had both changed and weren't meant to be together. We had made mistakes, agreed to move on and wanted to do it as friends. He still comes to all of my family get togethers with his wife and son and he actually works with Fathead and my cousin. I wish Fathead's ex was as cool as mine........ She's a psycho!!!
my ex was psycho from the get go.. I realized it before the marriage. Sometimes not the brightest tack in the deck.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #137
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I did not say wreck your car while your kids watch, I said, don't wreck your car!

Once a child is born, both parents put away self, and shoulder the burdens of developing a well rounded child that will someday be a responsible adult.

When a worker bee guards the hive, one sting, and it is death. If we as humans are not willing to commit to our children as much as a bee commits to a bee hive, please, by all means possible, only take your Johnson out of your slacks to piss, and put it back again. The world is becoming a full place, and resources are not plentiful.

IMHO if you cannot honor the vows we all make when we get married, stay single.

I have 30 years in a first marriage. First marriage for both of us. At times we hate one another. Sometimes we get along. We both try, and we both work at it. Marrage is hard work.

I won't come back to this thread again, so pm me if you wish to pour hot coals down my back.

Amazon, and a few Dr Laura books might help folks with marriage issues, especially difficult relationships with children involved.

Good luck everyone.
You are fortunate in your experiences. Many others in life are not. To advise others to do as you do is sometimes inappropriate. As I have said (perhaps to you), walk a mile in my shoes before you advise me to "stick it out for the sake of the kids". In my case sticking it out may very well be more harmful to my kids than the alternative. In the cases of many others who have posted here alone. I cannot imagine how anyone would advise somebody who has been through what Trip describes to stick it out. Books would not help, counseling would not help, nothing would.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #138
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
Better to have a psycho ex, than a psycho current.... As long as they leave you alone.
Sadly she doesn't. His little one is nine so we're stuck dealing with her for quite some time.....

Old 03-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #139
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Sadly she doesn't. His little one is nine so we're stuck dealing with her for quite some time.....
That's the worst, I've seen it many a time. The good news is she's not actually "living with you". So you can deal, it's just not fun... My kids were grown when my marriage hit the rocks, so I didn't have to deal with a situation like that.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman

That's the worst, I've seen it many a time. The good news is she's not actually "living with you". So you can deal, it's just not fun... My kids were grown when my marriage hit the rocks, so I didn't have to deal with a situation like that.
She tries to spy and tries to enforce her rules at our house but we put a stop to that pretty quickly. She was a uterus donor as far as I'm concerned. Fathead's daughter is ours in my heart.