divorce
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > divorce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default divorce

Anybody got any good advice on how to do this in the most civil way ..have been separated about a year and can't seem to be civil to each other ....we have one child togather ..thanks for any imput

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1234 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 532

That sucks, but the best advice is if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. She doesn't have the right to be abusive to anyone, but if she's not happy to see you you're going to have to deal with it. She may stay angry for the rest of her life or she may get over it one day. My wife remembers every little thing I do, right, wrong, good, bad, or indifferent. It's probably hard to believe right now, but you'll be happy that you kept a level head about the situation even if she can't keep hers.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
That sucks, but the best advice is if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. She doesn't have the right to be abusive to anyone, but if she's not happy to see you you're going to have to deal with it. She may stay angry for the rest of her life or she may get over it one day. My wife remembers every little thing I do, right, wrong, good, bad, or indifferent. It's probably hard to believe right now, but you'll be happy that you kept a level head about the situation even if she can't keep hers.
Oh don't get me wrong its not a 100% her she knows what buttons to push..I would say its Prolly 97% her 3% me lol

Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #4

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Keep you mouth shut, don't threaten, keep records of what happened at what time, don't antagonize, don't telegraph what you plan, no voicemails no texts, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES sleep with her again,(lol) get a good lawyer, and thank The Lord there's no kid involved.

Sorry about the rant. Been there. :-D keep your head up.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWhytHype View Post
Keep you mouth shut, don't threaten, keep records of what happened at what time, don't antagonize, don't telegraph what you plan, no voicemails no texts, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES sleep with her again,(lol) get a good lawyer, and thank The Lord there's no kid involved.

Sorry about the rant. Been there. :-D keep your head up.
We have one kid that's y we still have to be around each other....and on the not sleeping with her thing yea that can get thrown out the window ( I'm weak what can I say) lol ..but thanks for the advice
Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
Oh don't get me wrong its not a 100% her she knows what buttons to push..I would say its Prolly 97% her 3% me lol
Consult with a few lawyers. They usually give a free consultation, so you can go to a few and get a feel for them to see if they are a good fit. A recommendation from a friend goes a long ways. Once you find a good lawyer have them handle it from there on out. Do what they advise and don't do anything without getting their advice.

Divorce is going to be costly, both in its emotional toll and in the toll on your bank account. No way around that. The more you or she digs in the more costly it is going to be.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Consult with a few lawyers. They usually give a free consultation, so you can go to a few and get a feel for them to see if they are a good fit. A recommendation from a friend goes a long ways. Once you find a good lawyer have them handle it from there on out. Do what they advise and don't do anything without getting their advice.

Divorce is going to be costly, both in its emotional toll and in the toll on your bank account. No way around that. The more you or she digs in the more costly it is going to be.
Trying not to do it through lawyer.we share the kid I gave her the house,both cars and still give her money for other stuff like schools supplies ect.ect.ect...I gusse the question I should of asked is how to get along after the divorce for the next 13 years
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #8

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My parents went through a very nasty divorce in 1999, they still talk on a regular basis. Actually my dad has offered for my mom to move back in with him recently. Weird.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

what Vikingdad is telling you is pretty much gospel. get an attorney and as quick as possible. when you get one refer her to your attorney for any questions. consult with your attorney on everything, and i mean everything. follow their advice to the letter.

trust me i've been there, twice! what Vikingdad is saying is good advice. i wish i had know this duringmy first divorce. it would have saved me a lot of headaches.

keep your spirits up and lean on your family and friend for emotional support. trust me, that no matter how strong you think you are, it's very emotionally draining. keep active to keep your mind off the situation as much as possible.

i know what you're going through, and trust me on this, there is nothing any of us can say that will ease the burden that upon you right now. but know that some of us have been there, and we feel for you. good luck.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #10

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Johnny Carson was married a number of times each divorce cost him big time. Carson finally decided rather than going thru the legal night mare of divorce he would change. He said instead of getting married again he would just find some disgusting woman every 5 years that he could not stand and buy her a new home and a car.