divorce
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > divorce

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default divorce

Anybody got any good advice on how to do this in the most civil way ..have been separated about a year and can't seem to be civil to each other ....we have one child togather ..thanks for any imput

__________________
chaos is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,681
Liked 1094 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 455

Default

That sucks, but the best advice is if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. She doesn't have the right to be abusive to anyone, but if she's not happy to see you you're going to have to deal with it. She may stay angry for the rest of her life or she may get over it one day. My wife remembers every little thing I do, right, wrong, good, bad, or indifferent. It's probably hard to believe right now, but you'll be happy that you kept a level head about the situation even if she can't keep hers.

__________________
kbd512 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
That sucks, but the best advice is if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. She doesn't have the right to be abusive to anyone, but if she's not happy to see you you're going to have to deal with it. She may stay angry for the rest of her life or she may get over it one day. My wife remembers every little thing I do, right, wrong, good, bad, or indifferent. It's probably hard to believe right now, but you'll be happy that you kept a level head about the situation even if she can't keep hers.
Oh don't get me wrong its not a 100% her she knows what buttons to push..I would say its Prolly 97% her 3% me lol
__________________
chaos is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GrtWhytHype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 214
Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Keep you mouth shut, don't threaten, keep records of what happened at what time, don't antagonize, don't telegraph what you plan, no voicemails no texts, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES sleep with her again,(lol) get a good lawyer, and thank The Lord there's no kid involved.

Sorry about the rant. Been there. :-D keep your head up.

__________________

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

GrtWhytHype is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWhytHype View Post
Keep you mouth shut, don't threaten, keep records of what happened at what time, don't antagonize, don't telegraph what you plan, no voicemails no texts, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES sleep with her again,(lol) get a good lawyer, and thank The Lord there's no kid involved.

Sorry about the rant. Been there. :-D keep your head up.
We have one kid that's y we still have to be around each other....and on the not sleeping with her thing yea that can get thrown out the window ( I'm weak what can I say) lol ..but thanks for the advice
__________________
chaos is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,963
Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
Oh don't get me wrong its not a 100% her she knows what buttons to push..I would say its Prolly 97% her 3% me lol
Consult with a few lawyers. They usually give a free consultation, so you can go to a few and get a feel for them to see if they are a good fit. A recommendation from a friend goes a long ways. Once you find a good lawyer have them handle it from there on out. Do what they advise and don't do anything without getting their advice.

Divorce is going to be costly, both in its emotional toll and in the toll on your bank account. No way around that. The more you or she digs in the more costly it is going to be.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Consult with a few lawyers. They usually give a free consultation, so you can go to a few and get a feel for them to see if they are a good fit. A recommendation from a friend goes a long ways. Once you find a good lawyer have them handle it from there on out. Do what they advise and don't do anything without getting their advice.

Divorce is going to be costly, both in its emotional toll and in the toll on your bank account. No way around that. The more you or she digs in the more costly it is going to be.
Trying not to do it through lawyer.we share the kid I gave her the house,both cars and still give her money for other stuff like schools supplies ect.ect.ect...I gusse the question I should of asked is how to get along after the divorce for the next 13 years
__________________
chaos is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,000
Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

My parents went through a very nasty divorce in 1999, they still talk on a regular basis. Actually my dad has offered for my mom to move back in with him recently. Weird.

__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21580 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

what Vikingdad is telling you is pretty much gospel. get an attorney and as quick as possible. when you get one refer her to your attorney for any questions. consult with your attorney on everything, and i mean everything. follow their advice to the letter.

trust me i've been there, twice! what Vikingdad is saying is good advice. i wish i had know this duringmy first divorce. it would have saved me a lot of headaches.

keep your spirits up and lean on your family and friend for emotional support. trust me, that no matter how strong you think you are, it's very emotionally draining. keep active to keep your mind off the situation as much as possible.

i know what you're going through, and trust me on this, there is nothing any of us can say that will ease the burden that upon you right now. but know that some of us have been there, and we feel for you. good luck.

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Johnny Carson was married a number of times each divorce cost him big time. Carson finally decided rather than going thru the legal night mare of divorce he would change. He said instead of getting married again he would just find some disgusting woman every 5 years that he could not stand and buy her a new home and a car.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
A Nice Divorce Letter layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 08-27-2009 07:29 PM
Time For A Divorce user4 The Club House 10 02-18-2009 12:21 PM