Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Disturbing ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default Disturbing ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120801/US.Professor.Arson/

As sad as it is to hear of a parent grieving for the loss of a child I can't help wonder if this father isn't to blame himself for what happened

Quote:
UC Irvine pharmaceutical sciences professor Rainer Reinscheid was upset after his teenage son hanged himself in an Irvine park in March after the boy had been disciplined by the assistant principal at University High School, prosecutors said
How little self esteem could this kid have had if he takes the extreme of hanging himself after a scolding ... from an Assistant Principal no less? Where was this father and what interactions was he having or not having with his son? I just can't help wonder if this guy was just a piss poor parent, resulting in his son having a warped sense of reality and ultimately ending up with this situation.

We all wonder what can be done with the school system, but in reality it all begins in the home. With poor parenting the odds are already stacked against a kid, not that it is impossible, but it is definitively no help

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #2

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120801/US.Professor.Arson/

As sad as it is to hear of a parent grieving for the loss of a child I can't help wonder if this father isn't to blame himself for what happened

How little self esteem could this kid have had if he takes the extreme of hanging himself after a scolding ... from an Assistant Principal no less? Where was this father and what interactions was he having or not having with his son? I just can't help wonder if this guy was just a piss poor parent, resulting in his son having a warped sense of reality and ultimately ending up with this situation.

We all wonder what can be done with the school system, but in reality it all begins in the home. With poor parenting the odds are already stacked against a kid, not that it is impossible, but it is definitively no help
It is sad and it does start with the parents. I've had quite a few high school friends hang themselves. The thing I can never figure out is that you are a teenager and haven't even seen the harshness that this cruel world can do. It's always sad to see someone pass away especially a young person.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

This is sad indeed. A young teen is dead over something stupid, and his father has gone completely nuts. It's just a good thing they caught on to his plans before anyone got hurt.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #4

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

It is sad and it does start with the parents. I've had quite a few high school friends hang themselves. The thing I can never figure out is that you are a teenager and haven't even seen the harshness that this cruel world can do. It's always sad to see someone pass away especially a young person.
I have a really hard time wrapping my head around this too. We stress over & over with our 11 year old that no matter how bad things might look they are never as bad as you think. Always come and talk with us because believe it or not mama & daddy have been there before and there's a good chance it was a heck of a lot worse.

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

gunnut07 Likes This 
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #5

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

I blame the feminization of the male youth today. Everyone gets a trophy, every one is a winner, no one gets told no, and your problems are the most important thing on the planet. Geez, these kids need to quit being coddled and told to man up.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

The young learn early in life that they have just been born in a violent world, usually within the first minute of birth.

"If we hope to create a non-violent world where respect and kindness replace fear and hatred, we must begin with how we treat each other at the beginning of life. For that is where our deepest patters are set. From these roots grow fear and alienation or love and trust." (© Suzanne Arms)

Old 08-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #7

Liked 2343 Times on 1049 Posts
Likes Given: 2257

After reading that article it sounds like the nut didn't fall to far from the tree. With a dad like that, the kid was doomed from the start.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #8

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
I blame the feminization of the male youth today. Everyone gets a trophy, every one is a winner, no one gets told no, and your problems are the most important thing on the planet. Geez, these kids need to quit being coddled and told to man up.
Like you said everyone gets a trophy. When I was in school if you tried out for a sport not everyone made the team. That is called try outs! If you didn't make they told you good try and come back next year. Now when you go for a sport you are automatically on the team. These kids think they get everything because the parents don't know how to raise these kids properly. Look how many kids out there are killing each other or themselves. It's very sad hearing about this, but it's a very cruel world out there if you don't know what you are doing.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

Like you said everyone gets a trophy. When I was in school if you tried out for a sport not everyone made the team. That is called try outs! If you didn't make they told you good try and come back next year. Now when you go for a sport you are automatically on the team. These kids think they get everything because the parents don't know how to raise these kids properly. Look how many kids out there are killing each other or themselves. It's very sad hearing about this, but it's a very cruel world out there if you don't know what you are doing.
Man, Fathead.....sometimes you have me scratching my head, and then times like this I couldn't agree with you more.

I remember in grade school, 1st & 2nd grade, we had a school wide "Little Indian Relays" at the end of the school year. It was just what it sounds like, a track meet. You win, get a blue ribbon. Run 2nd? Get a red one and so on. Beginning in 3rd grade, they changed it to "Little Indian Play Day". We still ran the races, we still knew who won, yet EVERYBODY received a ribbon. A GREEN ONE. Even as little kids, we couldn't figure out, and were wondering what the Hell?

Now, 35 years later, it all makes sense. Unfortunately.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Man, Fathead.....sometimes you have me scratching my head, and then times like this I couldn't agree with you more.

I remember in grade school, 1st & 2nd grade, we had a school wide "Little Indian Relays" at the end of the school year. It was just what it sounds like, a track meet. You win, get a blue ribbon. Run 2nd? Get a red one and so on. Beginning in 3rd grade, they changed it to "Little Indian Play Day". We still ran the races, we still knew who won, yet EVERYBODY received a ribbon. A GREEN ONE. Even as little kids, we couldn't figure out, and were wondering what the Hell?

Now, 35 years later, it all makes sense. Unfortunately.
Kids should get cut. Everyone doesn't get hired for a job etc. And kids need to learn hard work to improve upon their skills.......and this is just the kid inside me talking but I hated when kids that sucked were put on my team. Haha.

Fathead is very kind and I think you just misunderstand him sometimes.