Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Display or safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 03:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeFearBrass View Post
We currently have two large gun safes and do not display any guns out, but then we have kids. My father has a very nice display case on a living room wall which he displays his more proud possessions. I would love to have a wall display case like this, but for safety, the guns would have to be disabled so that in case of burglery or another child in our house, accidents could not happen.

BTW, that is a VERY SWEET safe. We could only wish for a room like that!
2 weeks shy of 1 year, 4 months old....for those keeping count.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Storage in anything less than 3-6mm hardened steel safes multi-bolted to the foundations will result in a lengthy jail sentence + loss of licence plus your firearms in these parts...permanently.

And this is even on rural properties...gone are the days when I used to visit my uncle's farm when I was a kid and see his .22s, .222 & shotties hanging proudly on a gun rack in his study (ready to be used, oh no!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
The best gun safe in the world aint going to stop a real theif with just a small amount of time and the brains to bring the right tools for the job.
I think you might need Semtex to shift mine lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I've thought about hanging my muzzle-loader on the wall.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have a rack on the wall in my office. It' has a couple lever actions and two shotguns on it. I have a coffee table that the top opens up to hold a few rifles and there's two doors in the front that open to drawers of pistols. The top and doors all lock and it really don't look like it's anything but a coffee table. There's an end table with a door that opens to three drawers but it's just got stuff in it. I live out in the woods and don't see many people that are not related to me. Walmart still sells the end table [Link] but I haven't seen the coffee table model for a while. Makes for some interesting storage options

Edit to add: Got to looking around. Here's the coffee table/ Horizontal gun cabinet [Link]

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 08-05-2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added a link

Old 08-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #25

Default Gun Safe

I would feel comfortable leaving black powder displayed but not any centerfire firearms.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #26

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

SAFE! Here if it's displayed, it's gone!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #27

I have a safe (full now guess i need a new safe and guns to fill it). The main reason i bought it was to store a couple of my Grandfathers and Fathers firearms. But now i keep all in it (minus the weapon i carry) and feel so much safer now that it do. I have had firearms stolen in the past, one of the worst feelings ever, even a had a HK pistol stolen before i got to shoot it, talk about LIVID. I used to want a display case to put some of the shotguns and lever actions in. But dont think i would anymore. Maybe when i move to a ranch in a couple years but for now theyre bolted to the foundation.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #28

Default Conceal or Display

I created the best of both worlds. I can conceal when i need to, or i can display when I choose to. Even when displayed, the cabinet is virtually burglary proof.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #29

Liked 619 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Mine are always in the safe. I have two kids which I'm not worried about fooling with the guns but their friends come over quite a bit and I'm not going to be responsible for the lack of education of other parents. Not sure about other areas but in Iowa if any child under 14 years old get my gun by just about any means, I am respinsible for his/her ignorance.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #30

I am secure in feeling that no child or adult can get into this cabinet any faster than they could break into a safe. First they will have to know what is in the cabinet and then spend time getting past the wood doors as they lock top and bottom, and will have to be broken to gain entry. Once past those then they have to get past a 3/8" lexan door that is attached to a steel frame that is locked from the back side. Concealment is the best safety measure that you can buy! And that does not include under the bed or in the closet. It needs to be out of sight and secure. The safe provides secure, but anyone knows you have it and where it is, then it is vulnerable.