Display or safe? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Display or safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I've also heard that you are more likely to get shot by your own gun.
If you leave a gun out a burglar can instantly become an armed robber. Then you or your wife comes walking in…
If I was going to have a display gun I’d be sure there was no ammo for it in the house.
Some interesting information about being killed by your own gun:

GunCite - Gun Control Web Site: A Gun in the Home

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have a built-in cue rack I'd like to convert to guns but then I'd have to find a place to put my cues... The problem being; the fifth cue from the right is a 90+ year old cue made of solid Ivory, and its worth a fortune. And, I'm not so sure playing 9 ball with an AK-47 is legal...

cuerack1.jpg  

Old 03-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #13

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I have looked and now I can't find it. But one of the safe companies makes a wall mount gun safe that has 2 doors. One is a 1" thick chunk of plexy that is key locked shut and the outter dooes is a 1.5" 16 bolt safe door. It is a sweet set up if you want to show off your collection and have is securied as well. Came with high quality automotive paint and high grade carpeting in side.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #14
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I would never leave my guns out in the open. Just me but I the slim chance of a break in I don't want to offer a buffet.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As much as I would like to display my guns (for my own enjoyment) the tribe has spoken and keeping them in the safe is best. Thanks guys for the input.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My weapons are in my safes, safes are bolted to the floor and always locked. My PT24/7 is my carry and it is the only one that is not locked up, unless they are being cleaned or at the range. It may only be my wife and I, but the thought of one of my firearms making it's way into some little cholo's gruby little hands and being used in a robbery or drive-by is my motavation to not display them. Just my $.01 worth

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #17

Last year I built a display case for a friend that looked like something else when he didn't want his guns on display. When he had close friends over he would display his collection but when he left he would hide the collection. He only had a few rifles and pistols and it wasn't cheap but it worked for him. If you like the idea try checking with some local cabinet or furniture craftsmen to see what's availlable in your area.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #18

I live in a somewhat urban area with some undesirables in the neighborhood plus I have 2 small children.The guns stay in the basement,locked up.
When someone comes over and wants to see my collection I'll take them out.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #19

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I have a built-in cue rack I'd like to convert to guns but then I'd have to find a place to put my cues... The problem being; the fifth cue from the right is a 90+ year old cue made of solid Ivory, and its worth a fortune. And, I'm not so sure playing 9 ball with an AK-47 is legal...
Not sure if you have the room but, if your cue rack was hinged on one side you could open it and there would be gun rack behind the cues.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #20

A locked display will keep the guns from kids. A cable ran through all the trigger guards locking the guns together and in place and properly anchored will keep most theives from getting them. The best gun safe in the world aint going to stop a real theif with just a small amount of time and the brains to bring the right tools for the job.

Most of my guns are kept in a walk in vault. But several stay fully loaded in various safe places easy for me to get at.