Disguisted ! ! !
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Disguisted ! ! !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Disguisted ! ! !

I'm totally disgusted with my local FFL. Many of you have heard me complain about my local dealers in many ways, from selection, to prices, to service, etc. but this latest incident trumps all of it, by far.

I made the decision a few months ago to begin making purchases online, so the owners may be more inclined to bargain with me, especially in regards to used firearms. The first transfer was interesting, they immediately showed me a similar gun, in slightly better condition, but different manufacturer for a close price. I actually would have preffered the gun at the store as opposed to the one I ordered, but oh well.

Now here's how the next one went:

I got a killer deal on a like-new GP100 from an individual on gunbroker. I really wanted this gun to come with the Family and I this past weekend on our camping trip. I was gonna sneak off to shoot it in a safe area, practice with it using snap caps by the fire and just bond with it. . . you know. . . So I negotiated the seller to next day the gun to my FFL. I haven't sent anything this way in quite sometime and did not realize the astronomical cost. . . $70.36 from MI to CO.

The seller was way cool about it and didn't complain, but I felt guilty as hell.

This was Monday. I called the gun store on Tuesday and was told it hadn't arrived. Blew it off until Thursday and called again. The "business manager" (23 year old girl) "forgot" to check their UPS that day, so I called again on Friday before we left for the Mountains and was told "no sorry, nothing from MI in the UPS".

I was pretty irritated, not just because the gun wasn't there, but I thought I was "misled" into believing the seller actually next-day shipped it and my guilt was unnecessary. I was even considering sending the seller half of the cost.

So I e-mailed the seller and simply stated "just to let you know, there is still no gun." He asked if I was sure and I said yes. Surly the gun had not arrived or I would know, especially since I had been bugging them all week long.

Well, the seller sent me the tracking # and it showed delivered on 8-17 with "proof of delivery". If that's not enough it was signed by the "business manager", herself.

So not only did this poor guy pay for next day shipping, he had to spend extra time proving he did his part and the buyer (me) didn't get his gun even the same week of purchase. All because this place isn't organized or just doesn't care about transfers. The attitude I get is that they aren't really "theirs".

I'm really considering a big "scene" when they are crowded and demanding repayment of the shipping cost to the seller. I know it won't happen, but this is really poor in my eyes.

Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Better Business Bureau and posting the same story on any local gun boards would be a great start.

I have heard these stories before and I just don't understand them. How many guns are you ordering in at any given time? Let alone the fact that this was a gun that was shipped to you from owner to owner, there was no factory involved.

Sorry to hear that Diggs, but I would definitely get the word out there and let people know.

I have found that the BBB angle takes time, but if the store has interest in keeping their name clean, they will respond. A local car dealer screwed me out of some money on a repair that should have been covered by warranty. I filed, and had to wait some time, but the dealership ended up giving me 100% of my money back to make the complaint go away.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I would be seriously pissed. I would request a refund of the shipping to the seller, or a refund of the transfer fee to allow a personal refund of some part of the shipping cost to the seller.

Further, i would FULLY explain to the shop's "manager" the reasons i was now shopping online more. I would also go on to explain that i would not only be looking for a new gun shop or transfer-friendly FFL, but that I would personally be relating my experiences IN GREAT DETAIL and with EMPLOYEE and SHOP NAMES to everyone i shoot with, eat with, and do business of any kind with (not to mention posting such experiences online with the shop name for anyone searching for a shop via the interweb). First-hand accounts of poor service should go a LONG way toward updating the shop's reputation.

This may sound mean & petty, but it is actually a kindness to your fellow shooter and to the long-term health of that shop.

Good luck with those goofballs.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

WOW! that is terrible customer service!

maybe its about time to get your FFL......or if you are interested I have a few friends with their FFL that you can get firearms for you.

Just PM me if you need any names......I would also like to know which store you are dealing with (PM?)so that I dont patronize that place!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

So did you get the gun?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

I'm sorry to hear of this, but I would be looking for another FFL.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #7

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I would choke her with my .... OOPS wrong forum.

I would go in and raise hell about the shipping and tell them That if they don't reimburse the $71 I would tell everyone I could find that they are a crappy place to deal with. Word of mouth goes a long darn way.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #8

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I would let them know that I'd be contacting the ATF about the way they do business. If they did not log the gun in as soon as it was received they are in violation of the law. If they did, you have proof positive that they lied and kept your gun under false pretenses.

Yeah, I'd play hardball with these asshats and no FFL wants the ATF crawling up their azz...

Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #9

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
All because this place isn't organized or just doesn't care about transfers. The attitude I get is that they aren't really "theirs".
And all the time, they're making money off transfers! They do them, so they must be worth their time.

Complete BS, I would raise hell. Negative feedback word-of-mouth may be slow....but it's effective!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #10

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Causing a scene will have little impact on the shop. (It may be therapeutic for you, but they will just dismiss you to questioning customers as a PITA customer that never is satisfied.)

Protest by telling everyone who they are, (interwebzz, by mouth etc.) and vote with your wallet. Shop elsewhere. They have provided you with a sample of their customer service.

A good FFL is one you can trust, like a good mechanic, once you find one give him your business.

Another piece of sage advice; when I put down the money, the gun is mine and I want the tracking info so I know where my investment is as I follow it to the FFL. When I call my FFL I know its there and the name of the employee that signed for the package.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello