Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Disgruntled employee--Little pissed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default Disgruntled employee--Little pissed!

Just two weeks ago I was put in a bigger loader and was told that overtime would be coming real soon which was a plus. Everyday since I started operating this bigger machine I've been told by my supervisor to, "Keep up the good work!" and "You're doing great!" or "You and that loader we're made for each other!". It made me feel good about myself and my place at the company.

Well, today after checking fluids and doing my pre-shift inspection on the machine and leaving the shop/equipment parking area I was asked to return to the shop for a meeting. We have safety meetings on Mondays and Wednesdays and I told myself, "It's not Wednesday yet, or is it!" I pull up to the shop, but my bucket on the ground, set the parking brake and climb down the ladder and notice that in addition to our supervisors, our general manager and several other "bigwigs" are there. Keep in mind that just 3 months ago I was called back from a 2-1/2 month layoff during which I withdrew most of what I could draw on unemployment.

"Due to a decrease in demand for our products, it has become necessary to reduce our workforce. It is with regret that your position is part of the workforce reduction. We are not certain as to when of it you will be recalled for rehire"....letter goes on with contact info for questions.

You know what really pisses me off? The fact that everytime there is a layoff my name seems to make it on that list. I've gotten laid off every winter for the past two years and there are guys that work for my company who never get laid off, what the F*** is the deal? To make it worse, my wife who is pregnant and only two weeks from her due date has already quit one of her jobs (part-time at Cracker Barrel) and will be on maternity leave for 6 weeks after she has my son.

There were nine of us that got the axe today, including three guys that were hired new last week and both of my truck drivers got it too. I've already been all over town looking for a job including the other four quarries in my home county as well as one across the river in Kentucky but to no avail, no-one is even wasting the paper on applications. I put in an online app for truck driving school for CR England and still waiting to see what is going to happen with that. I'm tired of this just barely getting by crap. Tired of working boocoo hours during the summer just to bank enough money to barely scrape by during the winter.

Why do I always seem to get the S****Y end of the stick. It seems like everytime a SHAFTIN' needs to be done I get selected to get shafted.

Needless to say, I may be going offline for a couple of months. I may have to cancel the SAT TV and internet just to get by. I've got little jobs I can do like cutting the neighbor's grass and trimming trees but nothing that pays the $14.50 an hour I was earning at work, so I may have to trim back to the nessecities.

See you guys when things get better. I'll keep my account open and maybe go to the library from time to time to access the net but won't be able to get on daily.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 05-20-2009 at 03:43 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8321 Times on 3598 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

Drag- what part of the country are you in? I work with a LOT of large contractors, and while dirt moving DOES depend on weather, they Do pretty much operate year round in the South. What equipment are you on now? 988?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

And why is it that I never encounter GRUNTLED employees, anyway?

Stay in touch- you can PM me.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #4

wow man that sucks big time, damn corporate bigwigs always doing as they please never thinking about the lives they effect. Why not look into getting your FFL and turning your passion into a business. Do some gun transfers, gun cleaning, or customizations. Look into security they pay big bucks especially for armed guards.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation. You should have suggested that maybe if the bigwhigs cut their salary a little then more employees could continue working, you know, spread the wealth around!

I hope things look up for you soon.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't matter how necessary you are or how good a worker you are. Usually, the guy who decides to axe you isn't your immediate supervisor...it's some idiot bean-counter somewhere else.

I hope you find something again soon.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #7

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Sorry to hear that dragun. Keep your head up and keep looking.

Maybe you can turn that lawn mowing into something steady. I know a few guys that around me that do pretty well mowing and landscaping.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 05-20-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Hope something opens up for you man.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Dragun- you got mail.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Bummer, my friend. Hope this works out for you.

I guess the Stimulus isn't quite having the effect I keep hearing in the news.