This is a disgrace...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This is a disgrace...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Default This is a disgrace...

on so many levels
http://news.yahoo.com/troops-march-san-diego-gay-parade-uniform-204528956.html

so being gay gives you a extra rights?
what about those two female soldiers that were punished because of the picture in time magazine,while in there uniforms?

Lover of Cold War Era guns, from both sides

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #2

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder77 View Post
on so many levels

what about those two female soldiers that were punished because of the picture in time magazine,while in there uniforms?
It's a sad world where a nursing mother is controversial but Queen Berrets are openly accepted???

Personally, I don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors bit flaunting ANY sexual lifestyle publically turns my stomach.

Tack

Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder77
on so many levels

I'll bite my tongue on this topic, I don't agree whatsoever with what they are doing. We earned those uniforms, they're not parade play-around attire, they're most certainly not a "fashion statement". They're a United States military uniform. If you're going to be a homosexual in the military, conduct yourself with the proper attitude and carry yourself to the same high standard that they expect of you as a person defending our country. Don't get all fruit loopy and dumb like you're taking a tour in a "marital aid" factory. This type of ish makes me sick, I'm glad I EAS'd from the Marines when I did, cause everything has only gone down hill since then. The Corps isn't what it used to be, and I've only been out 7 years. Stuff was most certainly different when I was serving, and I'm sure the Viet Nam Veterans would tell you the same thing about my generation compared to theirs.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
It's a sad world where a nursing mother is controversial but Queen Berrets are openly accepted???

Personally, I don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors bit flaunting ANY sexual lifestyle publically turns my stomach.

Tack
I agree ,but the in your face attitude and double standard needs to go!!

Lover of Cold War Era guns, from both sides

Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7640 Times on 4591 Posts
Likes Given: 9534

I thought certain behaviour was expected when a military person was in uniform. I don't think this would be one of the behaviours that are acceptable to uniformed military person. If they wanted to march with t-shirts that said, "I'm a soldier" or whatever, fine. But NOT in uniform.

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #6

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is just me giving my 2 cents.....
I DO NOT agree with the whole don't ask don't tell policy. Have you guys ever been around a gay guy before? It's very uncomfortable to me. So they join, and you have to take a shower butt naked with them..... Now how uncomfortable can that get..... If they want to join then good for them. But if I was in the military I would want to know who swings the other way. Not so I could start any BS with them, just so I could stay away from any weird situation. A feel bad for the men and woman for not knowing who's gay and who's not. But that's just me. Course I was raised in definitely not believing that that stuff is ok. Thank God I live in Oklahoma not California. Sorry for preaching and getting off topic, just had to speak my mind.... well most of my mind anyways. Don't want anyone to get offended.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

personally i think they should be court martialed! i agree that what consenting adults do behind closed doors privately, and kept private is one thing, but this is in a full United States military uniform. just way wrong if you ask me.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder77 View Post
Pretty much, it seems. I've noticed that nearly every movie & TV show HAS to have a positive image of gays, but it also seems that they go out of their way to take a poke at religion...

The really sad thing is that we all may be guilty of 'hate crimes' for posting on this thread...

Old 07-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #9

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I did my time. We had gay men and women in our unit. You know who they were just because you worked so close all the time. I don't care if your gay or not.

I do care however that they were acting unbecoming. I 110% agree with axxe55 on this. Court marital all the way. If I wire the commanding officer of one or more than them I would have them up on charges. At least an art 15 loss of a rank and 1\2 a months pay for two months. 45 day restriction and 45 days extra duty. Painting rocks, pulling weeds, picking up trash and any other hard labor I could find for them. All of it done in their dress uniform.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 517

This is really sad. While in uniform you are not suppose to take action in protests or things of that nature. Because in the uniform you represent America. You are a military member and held to a high standard. It is a disgrace to the uniform that men and women have died in. Wonder what the men from the revolutionary war, and so forth would think about how our men and women in uniform act? Over 450,000 American military members died in world war 2, but these people use that uniform as a protest symbol, instead of a symbol of unity. These people are deviding the service insted of uniting it.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington