Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   Discovery Channel (

dog2000tj 04-29-2011 02:54 AM

Discovery Channel
Is anybody else watching the programs on Discovery about the Japan earthquake and nuclear plant? The devastation is unreal and the issues with the plant are just disastrous. Some of the pics and video they are showing really put things into a pretty grim perspective.

My prayers and thoughts for the Japanese as they deal with this disaster

Sniper03 04-29-2011 01:18 PM

My feelings exactly regarding the people of Japan. And also the people in Alabama and throughout the country that were the recent victims of the devastating Tornado disaster. I can only assume how it would feel to loose their loved ones, homes, valuables and start over. The sad part is the people in Japan will probably be dying like flies in the near future from cancer and other illnesses caused by the radiation exposure. So even with what we are seeing now regarding physical damage. It is only the beginning regarding the total devastation from the event.

dog2000tj 04-29-2011 02:18 PM

The Nuclear disaster episode spent some time on the workers who were laboring to get the power back on to col the reactors. They were interviewing officials and engineers who said that the radiation contamination was so severe that every one of those workers was walking to their deaths. :eek:

They were showing a lot of live video and the amount of people who were caught by the tsunami is incredible. Literally being swept off there feet or engulfed in there cars. :(