Disarming America - Could it Happen? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Disarming America - Could it Happen?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3489 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This will shock the hell out of you. From that legislation, here is what htey want to ban.....
`(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means--

`(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as--

`(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

`(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;

`(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);

`(iv) Colt AR-15;

`(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

`(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

`(vii) Steyr AUG;

`(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and

`(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

`(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

`(iii) a bayonet mount;

`(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

`(v) a grenade launcher;

`(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

`(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

`(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

`(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

`(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

`(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

`(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

`(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?! That's an awfully broad brush you are painting with there folks....

JD

Old 06-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Hey, go big or stay home.

They can ban whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer they didn't ban anything, since that's un-American. But if they won't listen to the people or there are too few people speaking up...that's life. I'm not changing my behavior, and if someone's pen turns me into a criminal, well, I've been called worse.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #13

I bet Obama cringed when he saw that , they just couldn't wait till they won the white house before they once again showed law abiding gun owners their true intentions despite he and Clinton running around claiming how they supported the 2A for the last year .

I really hope someone asks him straight out if he would sign that garbage .

I love to watch them tap dance while they lie to our faces .

Old 06-20-2008, 04:32 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have seen video online of the British whining and upset, but still carrying their guns or standing in line with their guns prior to turning them in Voluntarily. I have a hard time believing that will happen in this country.

Also, as a licensed FFL, I saw the ATF take All my 4473 forms out of my store last year. I would fully believe that each one has been scanned into the atf database, except for it would be against the law (backdoor registration)

Mayhap all those private sale (unregistered) guns really are worth the extra money!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I have seen video online of the British whining and upset, but still carrying their guns or standing in line with their guns prior to turning them in Voluntarily. I have a hard time believing that will happen in this country.
It's a little more complicated and you have to appreciate that every single firearm you are talking about was registered to the individual. There are few people who will wish to risk a minmum 5 year custodial sentance for the retained possession of a revolver. In the UK with an estimated population of over 65 million, about 30 million more than the islands can bare it's pretty crowded, if you had an unregistered firearm, where could you shoot it?

There's very few public ranges left, and if you find one you couldn't shoot it there. It's not like the US where you can find the wide open spaces, if you found somewhere quiet place and let a few rounds off I would guarantee someone would hear it and drop a coin. The public over there are very terrorist aware and would be guaranteed to call the police. Once firearms are registered on a central data base then you will have problems, some people will hold out, it's a big country but you would be suprised most will be compliant, but not withstanding who gets elected in the upcoming hopefully the status quo will remain.......................

Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post

Also, as a licensed FFL, I saw the ATF take All my 4473 forms out of my store last year. I would fully believe that each one has been scanned into the atf database, except for it would be against the law (backdoor registration)

Mayhap all those private sale (unregistered) guns really are worth the extra money!
Boris, I understand that the weapons shown were registered, you excluded part of my quote.
Mayhap over there you folks never heard of the phrase "Going Postal" I believe there would have been plenty of that happening here in the same situation. I have to believe that the Brits are a very different people than the Amercans are.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #17

No I'm sorry I don't understand it either, maybe there is a misunderstanding with how registration is carried out....I have never heard of the term 'postal'.

In the UK each firearms holder is authorised and each firearm is registered to him, here in France each individual fiream is registered slightly different means much the same in the long run......I know you would like to think so but you will find they are much the same, and in the very unlikely event the situation happens there it would likely go the same way..... I'm not at all saying that all will be compliant but because of media and public pressure most would comply.

Anyway it's all just speculation, although there must be a continuing fight to prevent further errosion of gun rights, my opinion is that the status quo is likely hopefully to remain much the same for you all. The countries very big and there are a lot of firearms out there..................

Last edited by Boris; 06-20-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default "Going Postal"

Well Boris,
"Going Postal" is the last thing a free American can do before the end,
for example, lets say the Government decided to take all the guns. You won't find me standing in line, whimpering about how the bad old government hurt my feelings. I would prefer to stay at home, when the government workers come for my guns, I will be only too happy to give them both barrels.

I suppose if you choose to turn in your weapons you can stand and fight another day. As for myself, well I'm just too lazy to wait for later.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:19 AM   #19

Never heard the term before....interesting if only a short term plan, lets hope that your resolution is never put to the test.....

Old 06-21-2008, 06:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Never heard the term before....interesting if only a short term plan, lets hope that your resolution is never put to the test.....
postal (as found on www.urbandictionary.com)

Postal has a number of uses. Normally just used as slang for "gone crazy" or can actually mean the act of going on a shooting spree. The term started after several postal employees went on shooting sprees.

Actually names after postal workers who lost it and came back to work on a shooting spree, it has evolved over the years.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.