The Dirty Half-Dozen - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Dirty Half-Dozen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I'll bite:

Jo Da Plumber- he knows the terrain (he is in LA)

JD - size, level headed and calm

Robocop10mm - size and he is Texas LEO

Amsel - speaks spanish and could drive any vehicle we need

SGT-MILLER - tactical knowledge will be needed for a good plan

The way I figure it, I'll need some one who is very familiar with the city. Gonna need size, strength and weapon proficiency. Some one fluent in Spanish. Gotta have a guy who can drive semis, dozers, dump trucks, basically anything we come across to use. Tactical planning will be key between the whole team. Food and water can be looted. Weapons can be had from purchase or negotiation or trade. Hand to hand combat skills will be needed at some point as well.

Off the top of my head, that is who I could think of. Multi-purpose reason for all members of the team. Unity will be needed for survival.
That's what I'm talking about. But don't factor yourself out. You have toook at your strengths and weaknesses as well.

I'm good hand to hand. I pick up languages quickly. But my land nav isn't great, and mechanical/electrical eludes me completely.

So I can scrap till we get weapons, I can hopefully barter for supplies from a variety of people, I can drive a car, but if we got a truck larger than an Army deuce and a half, I'm stuck.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay, I am in, and I think you will see a common theme develop here....

Logistics - Jo da Plumber. He's a local and he knows what way is up. Plus he probably knows where a good strip club is, so after we rescue Chuck, we can have out celebration party.

Language - My good friend Asmel or FranciscoMV - either one, but since they both have families they might not volunteer. Fall back would be Robo since he is somewhat fluent in Spanglish, but he fills two categories then....

Equipment - Sgt_Miller. He's National Guard, so he probably knows where the depots are, how to talk the talk and how to walk the walk to get in.
Once we are in, we have access to jeeps, trucks, weapons, ammo and ordnance. Plus the guy can lay out fields of fire for the attack, over watch and can help in the infil/exfil

Heavy Weapons - Robo. He's a big, bruising hulk and I want someone on that M249 to keep heads down should SHTF with these PETA morons..

Intel / EOD needs - Cpttango30. Hands down my choice for hacker and when I need something to go bang with the C-4 and grenades we lifted from the National Guard Armory.

Done and Done right.... Piece of cake with this team. I might not have to get my suit dirty.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Me being the 6th, I have some mechanical ability and tons of metal working ability (machining and fab). Marginal spanish and I'm resourceful. I blend in like a chameleon.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Me being the 6th, I have some mechanical ability and tons of metal working ability (machining and fab). Marginal spanish and I'm resourceful. I blend in like a chameleon.
I'm always being told I look like Chuck Norris. So I'll be able to draw off the guards thinking Chuck has escaped. While the rest of the team completes the extraction.

The rendezvous is the Fore Play Gentleman’s club on Cottner Ave.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

The perfect template is the Seven Samurai.

Tango is easily Toshiro Mifune. The crazy guy in the bunch, but you need crazy. If I send him into a building full of bad guys with a swap-meet ninja knife, he'd come back out with a necklace made of human ears.

The down side is since it's PETA, he may become distracted by the animals. For all the crazy bloodlust, I could see him pausing long enough in front of a puppy to get himself killed.

I'll eliminate the idealistic kid archetype, since we're beyond that and it can only be 6.

Since I'd have to be there per the rules, I'll take old guy. I've won some, I've lost some, I'll still do what it takes, but not with so much vigor. I can plan objectively.

Detached killer. Interested only in perfecting his skill. Edge has to go to J.D., simply because he has devoted a ton of time picking up on the subtleties of pretty much every weapon ever devised, and has the discipline to forgo sourdough for a greater purpose, even at his peril.

The funny samurai. Humor tempered by wisdom. Ineff, Skull, Uber, Spit, JDP,DTM, and a couple others. Morale isn't a luxury, it's the biggest necessity.

The "what the Hell, why not?" samurai. He might even like the meals at Gitmo, but he's a gamer first. He hasn't forgotten what he's all about, he's a warrior, and if the mission is doomed to failure, even better, he goes out doing his thing. Any of the vets here.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Hey when you amateurs are done screwing the neighbors cat, let me know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

No offense but I’m not going to take any of you with me.

Frankly you won’t be needed.

Twenty fours hours after they take Chuck into the compound he will have killed all the guards, drank all the liquor, and f**ked all the women. I’ll just wait outside and give him a ride home.

But we’re all still meeting at the Fore Play afterward and everyone is invited.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
No offense but I’m not going to take any of you with me.

Frankly you won’t be needed.

Twenty fours hours after they take Chuck into the compound he will have killed all the guards, drank all the liquor, and f**ked all the women. I’ll just wait outside and give him a ride home.

But we’re all still meeting at the Fore Play afterward and everyone is invited.
Well Played, well played sir!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Crap, IGETEVEN is a supporter now? Just so you know, I love one of my knees. The other has endured 5 surgeries one of which was a reconstruct. I'd appreciate if you break neither, but if I have a choice....

Fuggetaboutit, Welcome to the Supporting Member area, IGETEVEN!!!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #20

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Thank you, becoming a Supporting Member was a decision based on the great group of members here on the forum. As for Jo DA Plummbr, and your rapid conclusion to the scenario, you must seriously be confused about Chuck's abilities nowadays.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”