Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The Dirty Half-Dozen (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dirty-half-dozen-14848/)

Benning Boy 06-16-2009 06:03 PM

The Dirty Half-Dozen

You are about to experience an operational tempo previously unknown to you.

The entire FTF forum is branded right-wing extremists and incarcerated at Gitmo.

Lee Marvin visits us, rotting in our cells, with a deal. Go on a mission, buy your freedom.

The mission is this. We are dropped into deep SoCal, with no assets of any kind. No vehicles, no weapons. Anything we need must be acquired on site.

Chuck Norris is being held by PETA, and needs to be rescued. We have a map, and nothing else. We have to get to Hollywood, through vast expanses of nothingness, only to stumble into massive cities loaded with gangs.

You are the designated leader, you must pick 5 other members to go with you.

This isn't about picking 5 bad@$$es, it's about picking 5 who have different skills to balance and achieve your goal. List the reason you choose each member.

Good luck.

suprdave 06-16-2009 06:34 PM

Can I pick five more of me? I'm kind of a big deal!:rolleyes:

Dillinger 06-16-2009 06:36 PM

There goes the neighborhood. Someone is going to get their feelers hurt in this one....

So, it's me and five guys ( girls ) that I get to select from the Supporting Members?

Lee Marvin didn't ask for volunteers?

We are air dropped? Do we all need to have parachute experience then, because that leaves me out as Team Leader... LOL

No assets could be a problem, but if we get dropped into LA it should be easy to acquire some transportation. Weapons would be a nightmare... and PETA is no joke. They take that stuff seriously.... :eek:

I like the idea of the mission, but I need some specifics...

spittinfire 06-16-2009 06:37 PM

I would take...

Benning boy because he makes us all laugh and is witty which should help us BS our way thru the many libs we will undoubtably face.

robocop10mm, he seems to have a large knowledge of weapons and reloading which could help improvise weapons if needed.

dicky0331 because he's a fellow Marine and an 03, he could be of help.

Stalkingbear because he's just a mean old bastard and may have some wisdom that we are unaware of.

SGT Miller, he appears well rounded in his "skills" which could be helpful to all of us.

I would intentionally leave JD behind because you know he would whine like a little girl about not being able to go which I think would be funny. We can always break him out later.

Dillinger 06-16-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprdave (Post 118153)
I'm kind of a big deal!:rolleyes:

Not according to this dude who was in line with me at the Sandwich shop - I guess you two used to "hang out" and he wasn't very impressed. :cool:

suprdave 06-16-2009 06:41 PM

Nice one! I guess I left myself open for that!

skullcrusher 06-16-2009 06:44 PM

I'll bite:

Jo Da Plumber- he knows the terrain (he is in LA)

JD - size, level headed and calm

Robocop10mm - size and he is Texas LEO

Amsel - speaks spanish and could drive any vehicle we need

SGT-MILLER - tactical knowledge will be needed for a good plan

The way I figure it, I'll need some one who is very familiar with the city. Gonna need size, strength and weapon proficiency. Some one fluent in Spanish. Gotta have a guy who can drive semis, dozers, dump trucks, basically anything we come across to use. Tactical planning will be key between the whole team. Food and water can be looted. Weapons can be had from purchase or negotiation or trade. Hand to hand combat skills will be needed at some point as well.

Off the top of my head, that is who I could think of. Multi-purpose reason for all members of the team. Unity will be needed for survival.

Benning Boy 06-16-2009 06:46 PM

It's your pick. It's not so much about popularity, as choosing your path, and then the appropriate member to fufill the task you see ahead.

If I'm doing it, I see a shortcut through gang territory. Maybe a Hispanic gang, so someone with language skills is essential.

And I may have to breach something, and I know of Tango's skill with flammables and coffee cans.

Everybody here is a shooter, so when I figure out how to acquire weapons, I have myself and 5 others putting lead on paper.

If, hypothetically, I hate Ineff, but Ineff has the skills to hotwire a car, and then drive it like Andretti, I have to weigh my contempt against his skills.

And it's for Chuck. So Ineff is my wheel man.

Jo da Plumbr 06-16-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 118166)
I'll bite:

Jo Da Plumber- he knows the terrain (he is in LA)

JD - size, level headed and calm

Robocop10mm - size and he is Texas LEO

Amsel - speaks spanish and could drive any vehicle we need

SGT-MILLER - tactical knowledge will be needed for a good plan

The way I figure it, I'll need some one who is very familiar with the city. Gonna need size, strength and weapon proficiency. Some one fluent in Spanish. Gotta have a guy who can drive semis, dozers, dump trucks, basically anything we come across to use. Tactical planning will be key between the whole team. Food and water can be looted. Weapons can be had from purchase or negotiation or trade. Hand to hand combat skills will be needed at some point as well.

Off the top of my head, that is who I could think of. Multi-purpose reason for all members of the team. Unity will be needed for survival.

And I'm a decorated veteran of the Duck Wars.

cpttango30 06-16-2009 06:56 PM

Tango on on the MG (WHAT yes I found an MG just sitting around on a tank at Fort Irwin.

Amsel is driving the tank.

SGT Miller is the gunner on the tank.

Benning is on loader duty with a M-16 as back up.

JD would be out in front with his long range rig ( See I got your back man).

Plumber cause he is in LA and he is a plumber so he can get in to the safe house easier than rolling up in a tank.

There are my 5 seeing as no one likes me enough to take me with them. Even though I got mad skills other than posting ponch pictures.