Dinner, what's up? - Page 339
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dinner, what's up?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #3381
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

catfish fried chicken strips, homemade fries, cole slaw and sweet peas.

Mmmmm gooood!
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #3382
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
Mmm, brush that pineapple with some tequila or rum before grilling.
I think I love you. This sounds brilliant.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #3383
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,922
Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Default

I was supposed to have a five day weekend starting today, but I got hosed.
A guy at work took vacation and I'm the only one who can fill in for him, so now I'm doing 12 straight 12 hour days. Eight more to go.
So this afternoon I had to scramble for vittles for the next week.

Tonight I threw together some Cranberry Chicken and vegetable steamed rice.

I've got 2 lunches left over.
I've got a large NY strip that I'll cook one night and have enough left for a steak salad lunch.
That's 3 out of 8 taken care of.
__________________
Gone turducken huntin'
boatme98 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 PM   #3384
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LoniJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Elizabeth, Louisiana
Posts: 131
Liked 90 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I was supposed to have a five day weekend starting today, but I got hosed.
A guy at work took vacation and I'm the only one who can fill in for him, so now I'm doing 12 straight 12 hour days. Eight more to go.
So this afternoon I had to scramble for vittles for the next week.

Tonight I threw together some Cranberry Chicken and vegetable steamed rice.

I've got 2 lunches left over.
I've got a large NY strip that I'll cook one night and have enough left for a steak salad lunch.
That's 3 out of 8 taken care of.
Sorry you have such a looonnngggg stretch of work ahead of you. That's never fun . We had blackened chicken breasts, home grown tomato slices, and fresh squash stewed with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon Cranberry chicken....wouldn't mind that recipe!
__________________
"We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. " Kay, MIB

"Love your enemies. It makes them so darned mad." P.D. East
LoniJo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #3385
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,178
Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11413

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I was supposed to have a five day weekend starting today, but I got hosed.
A guy at work took vacation and I'm the only one who can fill in for him, so now I'm doing 12 straight 12 hour days. Eight more to go.
So this afternoon I had to scramble for vittles for the next week.

Tonight I threw together some Cranberry Chicken and vegetable steamed rice.

I've got 2 lunches left over.
I've got a large NY strip that I'll cook one night and have enough left for a steak salad lunch.
That's 3 out of 8 taken care of.
Think of all the OT. Whenever I have steak I never have any left over.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #3386
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,922
Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Default

Loni,
Skinless chicken pieces
Dredge in flour, salt & pepper
Brown on all sides in butter, set aside

Pour into the s a me pan:
1 cup cranberries
1 cup water
1/2 cup Brown sugar
Dash of nutmeg

Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Add chicken to pan, cover and simmer 30 more minutes.

Quick and easy.
You could add orange zest if you want. You could use other berries, too.
__________________
Gone turducken huntin'
boatme98 is offline  
LoniJo Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #3387
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,922
Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Think of all the OT. Whenever I have steak I never have any left over.
I'm too old for ot. I need my rest.
And I buy b-i-g steaks.

Cinder, I love cooking with booze. You should see my liquor cabinet , and I don't even drink anymore, except for an occasional glass of wine if I have company.
__________________
Gone turducken huntin'
boatme98 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #3388
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I'm too old for ot. I need my rest.
And I buy b-i-g steaks.

Cinder, I love cooking with booze. You should see my liquor cabinet , and I don't even drink anymore, except for an occasional glass of wine if I have company.
Ot is my favorite, the more over time I get, the more tools I can buy.
I like cooking with booze too, except I think we have totally different ideas of what that means...
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
LoniJo Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:32 AM   #3389
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 677
Liked 297 Times on 190 Posts

Default

Korean ribs, rice and kimchee


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
jigs-n-fixture is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #3390
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LoniJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Elizabeth, Louisiana
Posts: 131
Liked 90 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
Loni,
Skinless chicken pieces
Dredge in flour, salt & pepper
Brown on all sides in butter, set aside

Pour into the s a me pan:
1 cup cranberries
1 cup water
1/2 cup Brown sugar
Dash of nutmeg

Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Add chicken to pan, cover and simmer 30 more minutes.

Quick and easy.
You could add orange zest if you want. You could use other berries, too.

Yep, we'll be having this one night this week! Thanks!
__________________
"We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. " Kay, MIB

"Love your enemies. It makes them so darned mad." P.D. East
LoniJo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Whats for Dinner? Comeswithbacon Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 49 08-08-2011 10:09 PM
What's for Dinner? Shihan The Club House 20 05-16-2011 09:04 PM
Whats for dinner?? dnthmn2004 The Club House 15 04-06-2011 01:29 PM
What's for Dinner cpttango30 The Club House 6 03-24-2009 12:20 AM
its whats for dinner sgtdeath66 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 2 12-16-2008 04:07 AM



Newest Threads