You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Dinner, what's up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #2701
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10888 Times on 6493 Posts
Likes Given: 16120

I thawed two pounds of ground beef. I made one pound into spaghetti sauce and the other pound into sloppy joes. That's what I'll be eating for the next few days.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 AM   #2702

Liked 308 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I thawed two pounds of ground beef. I made one pound into spaghetti sauce and the other pound into sloppy joes. That's what I'll be eating for the next few days.
Have not had sloppy joes in years. That may be my meal plan for a couple of days. What is the best stuff to get, never made them before.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2014, 02:31 AM   #2703
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
i love spagetti sauce with lots of meat! love sloppy joes too!

tonight, i am having a bake at home pizza the wife picked up at Krogers. it's actually not half bad.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:36 AM   #2704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
Have not had sloppy joes in years. That may be my meal plan for a couple of days. What is the best stuff to get, never made them before.
hang on Fred! my wife has a recipe for making you own sloppy joe mix rather than using the canned stuff.

1 lb. ground beef, onion chopped up, ketchup and little bit of mustard, chopped bell pepper, worchester sauce. brown the meat first before adding the other ingrediants she said.

i ike to toast the bun and add some fresh sliced onion on mine when i make a sandwich.
Fred_G Likes This 
Old 02-25-2014, 02:59 AM   #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
hang on Fred! my wife has a recipe for making you own sloppy joe mix rather than using the canned stuff.

1 lb. ground beef, onion chopped up, ketchup and little bit of mustard, chopped bell pepper, worchester sauce. brown the meat first before adding the other ingrediants she said.

i ike to toast the bun and add some fresh sliced onion on mine when i make a sandwich.
Thanks, am on a low sodium diet, so the mixed stuff is usually horrible for me. Not a huge fan of the bell peppers and onions, but may try slicing them very fine and cooking them down in another pan while the meat browns. Add a little Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and of course, being from Louisiana, some spices...

I am slowly trying to eat more green stuff, this will be a good way to try adding the bell peppers.

My thanks to your wife, will let you know how they turn out.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 AM   #2706

Quote:
Thanks, am on a low sodium diet, so the mixed stuff is usually horrible for me. Not a huge fan of the bell peppers and onions, but may try slicing them very fine and cooking them down in another pan while the meat browns. Add a little Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and of course, being from Louisiana, some spices...

I am slowly trying to eat more green stuff, this will be a good way to try adding the bell peppers.

that's the beauty of her recipe. she adapted one she got from her sister and one she got from one of our members, Zombiegirl, to make hers.

i forgot about, the brown sugar and garlic powder though. sorry.

adapt it to your tastes. that's what the wife did.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #2707
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10888 Times on 6493 Posts
Likes Given: 16120

Quote:
Quote:

Brown the meat. I add chopped onions, celery and sweet peppers but you don't have to. Drain the meat. Then I squirt in enough ketchup to however 'sloppy' you want them to be. I put in just enough to coat the meat but not make them too juicy. Then a teaspoon or so of lemon juice, about the same of vinegar. Then add brown sugar to taste. Let it simmer while stirring for about 10 minutes. Simply and incredibly delicious. Tweak it to your personal tastes.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #2708

Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Quote:
Brown the meat. I add chopped onions, celery and sweet peppers but you don't have to. Drain the meat. Then I squirt in enough ketchup to however 'sloppy' you want them to be. I put in just enough to coat the meat but not make them too juicy. Then a teaspoon or so of lemon juice, about the same of vinegar. Then add brown sugar to taste. Let it simmer while stirring for about 10 minutes. Simply and incredibly delicious. Tweak it to your personal tastes.
I make them this way, but add chili powder and cumin etc......until it taste good to me lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga

Old 02-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #2709

Liked 1883 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

I had a Spam Sandwich & some chips !..................
People Like This 
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 AM   #2710

Forgot to get the onion and bell pepper... Sloppy Joes need some onion and bell pepper added, I did it without them, not bad, but not very good.

Will try this again.