Dinner, what's up? - Page 258
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dinner, what's up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #2571
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OMG! I forgot to tell Y'all about dinner the other night. My housemate and I went to the Boulder Creek Brewing Company for dinner- a little out-of-the-way place in a tiny little town in the Santa Cruz Mountains- where I have eaten before a couple of times.

First thing on th emenu under appetizers is (no sh!t) "Deep Fried Avocado". OK, now I am not a huge fan of avocados, but I do like them a little bit, but this sounded intriguing. I have had any number of deep-fried foods, most of which are freaking awesome, but avocado? Fried? I cannot for the life of me think of more than a couple of things that have cooked avocado in them that are any good. Avocados don't cook well. They just don't!!

So I ask the waiter about it and he was sort of coy, but said it was good and we should try it. blah blah blah.

Ohmygawd! I am absolutely freaking in LOOOVVVE with this food! Hawt Damn that was some great food! They are heavily breaded in what seems to be Panko crumbs with a little bit of "heat" to them. They then seem to be fried in a really freaking hot oil so the outside is crispy and the avocado is firm and only slightly warm. Its a whole lot of awesome! The waiter came by later and I said he did the perfect balance of underselling and over-delivering. I took a pic, but too badyou can't try them for yourself!!!
I love avacados. That looks delicious. I sometimes cut an avacado in half and just scoop it out of it's skin with a spoon and eat it just like that.
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #2572
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21384 Times on 12139 Posts
Likes Given: 53267

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I love avacados. That looks delicious. I sometimes cut an avacado in half and just scoop it out of it's skin with a spoon and eat it just like that.
i can eat quacamole by the bowlful! i always get a large side order of it when we eat Mexican food. i would definately try out some fried avacado. it does sound pretty good.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-09-2014, 05:43 AM   #2573
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3074 Times on 2087 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
OMG! I forgot to tell Y'all about dinner the other night. My housemate and I went to the Boulder Creek Brewing Company for dinner- a little out-of-the-way place in a tiny little town in the Santa Cruz Mountains- where I have eaten before a couple of times. First thing on th emenu under appetizers is (no sh!t) "Deep Fried Avocado". OK, now I am not a huge fan of avocados, but I do like them a little bit, but this sounded intriguing. I have had any number of deep-fried foods, most of which are freaking awesome, but avocado? Fried? I cannot for the life of me think of more than a couple of things that have cooked avocado in them that are any good. Avocados don't cook well. They just don't!! So I ask the waiter about it and he was sort of coy, but said it was good and we should try it. blah blah blah. Ohmygawd! I am absolutely freaking in LOOOVVVE with this food! Hawt Damn that was some great food! They are heavily breaded in what seems to be Panko crumbs with a little bit of "heat" to them. They then seem to be fried in a really freaking hot oil so the outside is crispy and the avocado is firm and only slightly warm. Its a whole lot of awesome! The waiter came by later and I said he did the perfect balance of underselling and over-delivering. I took a pic, but too badyou can't try them for yourself!!!
Love it in Guac, not a fan of it raw, but I'll take your word on the fried. Always get extra anytime we do Mexican out.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #2574
Yep, it was as good as you could imagine
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 116 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Everybody vacations down south. Polar bears just go further south than most.

Why, you ask?

For the salty sweet taste of freshly roasted penguins.

Penguins on a spit! BEST CARNIVAL FOOD IDEA EVER!
I don't know what your problem is, Delta. I noticed somewhere you posted you were short. Are you compensating? WoC has been keeping me away from the computer because she doesn't want me to get banned for something I might say. But she's out of the house right now and I got hold of the PC.

I don't know what prompted you to begin to pick on us penguins but I wish you'd cut it out. I have risen above your rude and childish antics and tried to be a better bird than you are a man.

Let's take our disagreements to PM's. Feel free to take any complaints to the Mods. Just know, I'm in a close relationship with one of them.

I don't mention roasting and eating humans, so cut the crap about roasting and eating penguins.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #2575
Yep, it was as good as you could imagine
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 116 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Attachment 132504

YUM! The BEST supper ever. Especially if ya roast em while they're still kicking!
You are sick, SICK, SICK. You must have suffered some trauma somewhere along the way to make you act like this.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #2576
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Thought it was all part of the circle of life little brother. Penguins eat fish, people eat penguins, polar bears eat people, polar bears get shot and thrown in the ocean, fish eat polar bears.

As to my height, You have struck upon the exact reason for my behavior. I am told that the consumption of omega 3-6-9 oils and certain fatty acids can induce late stage growth in adult humans. Guess what penguin meat and blubber has a high concentration of?

Speaking of physical dimensions, you look like you're putting on some weight. WoC fattening you up for thanksgiving or chrismas next year? Better lay off the tuna fatty, or you'll end up neatly carved on a platter right next to the turkey.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-10-2014, 04:00 AM   #2577
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8171 Times on 4718 Posts
Likes Given: 10535

OOOOOKaay then.

So, my housemate decided to try cooking some deep-fried avocado tonight. She nailed it. I am getting ready for the SHOT Show next week (she is leaving tomorrow and won't be back until sometime next week, I am leaving on Tuesday morning and will be home on Friday) and have my recording gear and itinerary all over the house. She put a plate down with the deep-fried 'cado and damn if I didn't lose my mind!

photo-8-.jpg  

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 AM   #2578
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Thought it was all part of the circle of life little brother. Penguins eat fish, people eat penguins, polar bears eat people, polar bears get shot and thrown in the ocean, fish eat polar bears.

As to my height, You have struck upon the exact reason for my behavior. I am told that the consumption of omega 3-6-9 oils and certain fatty acids can induce late stage growth in adult humans. Guess what penguin meat and blubber has a high concentration of?

Speaking of physical dimensions, you look like you're putting on some weight. WoC fattening you up for thanksgiving or chrismas next year? Better lay off the tuna fatty, or you'll end up neatly carved on a platter right next to the turkey.
Holy ****!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 AM   #2579
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OOOOOKaay then.

So, my housemate decided to try cooking some deep-fried avocado tonight. She nailed it. I am getting ready for the SHOT Show next week (she is leaving tomorrow and won't be back until sometime next week, I am leaving on Tuesday morning and will be home on Friday) and have my recording gear and itinerary all over the house. She put a plate down with the deep-fried 'cado and damn if I didn't lose my mind!
Hmmmm...........I have a deep fryer. I might give that a try.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-10-2014, 04:10 AM   #2580
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Tonight I made beef stroganoff (I'll post the recipe in the recipes thread) over brown rice with homemade (very fresh-still warm from the oven!) dinner rolls.

For dessert, we roasted marshmallows in the fireplace and made s'mores. My toddler sat with us and munched on some graham crackers and sneaked an untoasted marshmallow every now and then. It was great.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."