Dinner, what's up? - Page 232
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dinner, what's up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #2311
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I am on my own today. Made deer liver with peppers and onions. Also, a side of fried rice with chopped up deer kidneys. Oh, and a Bischoff Premium beer.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #2312
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I don't put onion on my sea shells but I like one on the side to just have a bit of now and them. I like to core an onion and put some butter and a bouillon cube and bake it like an apple. There is a Red Robin in Lawrenceville, GA that I want to go to sometime and just order one of their onion ring towers and make a meal out of that.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #2313
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Tonight I'm going simple and just have biscuits and gravy. I have a pound of Jimmy Dean sage sausage to brown, add about 5 or 6 tablespoons of flour and cook that till its a little brown, add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of milk, a little salt and pepper and cook it till its thick enough to stay piled on biscuits opened up and its time to eat. Have a Boston Butt (why do they call it a butt when its really a shoulder?) in the smoker at 225 degrees for 6 or 7 hours and tomorrow I'll turn it into BBQ. I think I have some Brunswick stew in the freezer so need to dig that out too. A little Texas toast and you have a fine meal.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

People Like This 
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #2314
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Lol...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
Tonight I'm going simple and just have biscuits and gravy. I have a pound of Jimmy Dean sage sausage to brown, add about 5 or 6 tablespoons of flour and cook that till its a little brown, add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of milk, a little salt and pepper and cook it till its thick enough to stay piled on biscuits opened up and its time to eat. Have a Boston Butt (why do they call it a butt when its really a shoulder?) in the smoker at 225 degrees for 6 or 7 hours and tomorrow I'll turn it into BBQ. I think I have some Brunswick stew in the freezer so need to dig that out too. A little Texas toast and you have a fine meal.
And for dessert............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 11-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #2315

Liked 2421 Times on 1419 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Have a Boston Butt (why do they call it a butt when its really a shoulder?)
Have you been to Boston. The shoulder is pretty close in proximity to the butt in most of New England. Probably why they call them Mass-holes.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #2316
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
And for dessert............
Well I don't really eat all that many sweets so how bout a bourbon and coke for dessert.

limbkiller Likes This 
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #2317
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Have you been to Boston. The shoulder is pretty close in proximity to the butt in most of New England. Probably why they call them Mass-holes.
You may have a point there Doc. Never thought of it that way. I have only been to the New England area once. We were getting a new control system for our power plant and the Company "Foxboro" was building it and I had to fly up for a week to help them lay out how the control screens would look. No way did I want to deal with the Boston traffic so I flew into and out of Providence R.I. instead. If I wasn't at the Foxboro Plant I pretty much stayed in my hotel cause I didn't speak the language.

Last edited by string1946; 11-12-2013 at 08:38 PM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #2318
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm in the process of making some homemade prepared horseradish to use in different recipes and dang I need a gas mask. Oh yeah, what the heck am I going to do with a half gallon of prepared horseradish.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #2319
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Say what................

LOL, Boston Butt, rear end called a picnic Ham........?????????????????? I'll take the Boston Butt any day. I like dark meat and blood to make the gravys......................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #2320
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
I'm in the process of making some homemade prepared horseradish to use in different recipes and dang I need a gas mask. Oh yeah, what the heck am I going to do with a half gallon of prepared horseradish.
Make a ton of roast beef sandwiches?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

string1946 Likes This