Dinner, what's up? - Page 225
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dinner, what's up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #2241
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7400 Times on 4450 Posts
Likes Given: 9164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
tonight i grilled some ribeye steaks on the grille, made a couple of baked potatoes and some garlic toast. boy was it good! Mmmmmmm good!
Yesterday after work I had a craving for a baked sweet potato. I put two in the oven, one to eat then and one to bring to work later that night. I didn't set a timer and forgot all about them and went to sleep. And I slept like a rock. I woke up about 6 hours later to a smell of burnt sweet potatoes (go figure). I turned off the oven and took the potatoes out. They were light as a feather and hard as a rock but they weren't burnt to blackness. I gave my Border Collie one potato and cut the other one in half and gave each little dog a half. They thought they were delicious. You know, people pay good money for dried sweet potato treats at the pet stores. LOL But I still have a craving for a baked sweet potato so I will buy some on my way home from work and try that again. Except this time I will set a timer. On a good note, the chili I made a few days ago is delicious.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #2242
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yesterday after work I had a craving for a baked sweet potato. I put two in the oven, one to eat then and one to bring to work later that night. I didn't set a timer and forgot all about them and went to sleep. And I slept like a rock. I woke up about 6 hours later to a smell of burnt sweet potatoes (go figure). I turned off the oven and took the potatoes out. They were light as a feather and hard as a rock but they weren't burnt to blackness. I gave my Border Collie one potato and cut the other one in half and gave each little dog a half. They thought they were delicious. You know, people pay good money for dried sweet potato treats at the pet stores. LOL But I still have a craving for a baked sweet potato so I will buy some on my way home from work and try that again. Except this time I will set a timer. On a good note, the chili I made a few days ago is delicious.
Baked is the only way I will eat sweet potatoes but I just grease them up with butter, wrap with Glad Wrap, punch with a fork a couple of times and nuke in the microwave till fork tender. I can't tell the difference from a regular oven.

Tonight here its going to be home made chicken pot pie. Roasted the chicken yesterday and the meat is ready to go.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #2243
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
Baked is the only way I will eat sweet potatoes but I just grease them up with butter, wrap with Glad Wrap, punch with a fork a couple of times and nuke in the microwave till fork tender. I can't tell the difference from a regular oven.

Tonight here its going to be home made chicken pot pie. Roasted the chicken yesterday and the meat is ready to go.
Mmmmm...that chicken pot pie sounds good!

can you send me some?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #2244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Poor JW is having a bad day so I want to make something special for him. What food do you guys turn to for comfort after a long hard day?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #2245
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Poor JW is having a bad day so I want to make something special for him. What food do you guys turn to for comfort after a long hard day?
Country fried steak, gravy and rice.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #2246
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post

Country fried steak, gravy and rice.
Rice? Id normally do stuffing or mashed potatoes. How do yo do the rice?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #2247
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
meatloaf, green beans and au gratan potatoes with some nice dinner rolls.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #2248
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3319 Times on 2250 Posts
Likes Given: 709

BBQ Meatloaf(half Sirloin & Half Ground Turkey)!!!! Wrap it in Foil and Put it on The BARBY!!! 35-40 Minutes tops... at the 20 minute mark, open the foil enough to add some extra BBQ sauce & Fried Onions....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #2249
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3319 Times on 2250 Posts
Likes Given: 709

Whats left of Lunch......

image-2811266094.jpg  

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #2250
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Rice? Id normally do stuffing or mashed potatoes. How do yo do the rice?
I take the easy way with the rice. A bag or two of Success Boil in Bag rice. Rice and gravy go well together.

Axxe55 Likes This