Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dinner, what's up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #1221
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7826 Times on 4516 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That does sound good. Several years ago, I might not have done that.
It is awesome. I like mixing up lots of different foods on my plate. If its good by itself it can only get better with something else good! (usually).

Quote:
When I was 16, my siblings and I had an opportunity to go to Jamaica with relatives. My brother got sicker than a dog there. I think it was just the extreme change in diet. He perpetually had a bottle of Kaopectate in his pocket and white residue on his lips. When my Mother picked us up from the airport, she had to stop a couple times on the 45 minute trip home from the airport for him to poop. Poor kid.
We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon. We were told to only eat at the resort (all of the uncooked food is shipped there from the US) and only drink bottled water- making sure the bottle is sealed. Never accept a bottle of water you have bought that the seller opens for you. It is probably refilled. I was very careful and followed all of the recommendations then on the day we left the bus to the airport from Ocho Rios (several hour drive) left before the dining room opened so I was starving by the time we got to the airport. My wife and I bought a sandwich from a vendor inside the airport thinking it was safe. I got e. Coli poisoning and spent the next week and a half on the toilet. The effects actually hit me by the time we landed in San Francisco.

I have been to Mexico too, and as long as you only eat cooked food, or wash the salad stuff in chlorinated water, and drink only bottled water or cervesa you should be OK. I never got Montezuma's Revenge in my Mexican travels (all of my travels there have been in Baja for the Baja 1000, so I never stayed in a resort but for one night.)

The tacos in Mexico are excellent, but you can't have the fresh salsa with them. They will tell you that the peppers will kill any bad stuff but its not true.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #1222
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16967

Chicken Fried Rice :

4lbs. chicken Breasts..!
4 cups long , brown , wild rice..!
1 cup green peas..!
1 cup thin sliced n peeled carrots...!
1 medium diced white sweet onion..!
1 1/2 cup Snow peas..!
1 cup bamboo shoots...!
Ground ginger...!
Soy sauce..salt , pepper-corns..!

Cook rice separate , let stand..!
Chicken cut into thin slices and grilled on back porch with gas grill and soaked hard-wood strips , (White Oak , Maple and Wild Cherie) Lightly baste with a butter , onion and ginger sauce..!
Cook all veggies till tender..!
Mix all in large (Wok) and heat until slightest crunch...! Mmmm..!

Bok Chow garnish..! Again , Mmmmm..!

Got carried away there , as soon as I get home I'm gonna..!

Last edited by dango; 03-15-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #1223

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Dango I don't like these chicken recipes!!!

chick.png  

Old 03-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #1224

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Last night's supper.

First you start with 2 small deer backstraps. After cutting them up and rolling in flour frying in peanut oil and adding fried taters, collared greens, biscuits and gravy you have a meal.

You then add apple peach pie for dessert.
I'm coming over, you sold me at biscuits and gravy
Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #1225

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Had Corned Beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. Just bought a new Smoker today and will try my hand at smoking a pork shoulder and a brisket tomorrow........

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #1226
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2539 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I've never eaten there. How is the food?
Excellent!

I had penne pasta with Italian sausage and broccolini in an olive oil and garlic sauce ($15.95) - DELICIOUS! Also had a couple of glasses of their house Merlot ($7.95/ glass), it's actually Beringer that has been privately labeled.

Prices were a little higher than I expected, but all 8 of us enjoyed our dinners. The drink prices are steep!!

The Extreme Dream Cheesecake was really good.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1227
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2539 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Oh by the way, I'm starting a movement to have limbkiller's photos banned from the site!!

I've put on ten pounds just lookin' at all them good eats!!!

limbkiller, you better cut dat s#!t out!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #1228
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6761 Times on 4085 Posts
Likes Given: 8093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon. We were told to only eat at the resort (all of the uncooked food is shipped there from the US) and only drink bottled water- making sure the bottle is sealed. Never accept a bottle of water you have bought that the seller opens for you. It is probably refilled. I was very careful and followed all of the recommendations then on the day we left the bus to the airport from Ocho Rios (several hour drive) left before the dining room opened so I was starving by the time we got to the airport. My wife and I bought a sandwich from a vendor inside the airport thinking it was safe. I got e. Coli poisoning and spent the next week and a half on the toilet. The effects actually hit me by the time we landed in San Francisco.

I have been to Mexico too, and as long as you only eat cooked food, or wash the salad stuff in chlorinated water, and drink only bottled water or cervesa you should be OK. I never got Montezuma's Revenge in my Mexican travels (all of my travels there have been in Baja for the Baja 1000, so I never stayed in a resort but for one night.)

The tacos in Mexico are excellent, but you can't have the fresh salsa with them. They will tell you that the peppers will kill any bad stuff but its not true.
I went with my Aunt, Uncle, cousins and my two siblings. My Uncle was well to do and he rented a house that had a maid, cook and garden boy. The cook did all the cooking. No one got sick except my brother. We had a lot of fish, different seasonings than what we were used to and lots of different fruits that were 'weird' back then but now are pretty common in our grocer stores. This was back in 1972 or so.

This same Aunt and Uncle took a total of 18 of us on a cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary. We cruised the Carribean and they renewed their wedding vows in the oldest chapel in the Bahamas. They paid for the cruise and airfare for all of us. They wanted no gifts. Our presence was the only gift they wanted.
People Like This 
Old 03-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #1229
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Dango I don't like these chicken recipes!!!
Grazing is for food , I eats food..! Cow parts , Sheeps , <--(No offense) , Chicken , Fishes , Pig , <-(again , No offense) , foul , and I do mean (FOUL) ,
dang near anything thay doesn't escape my plate..!

jeffm , Don't do that , pictures I mean..! All I have is this hospital menu..!
Can't wait to get home , and nothing is safe , I'll eat it ..! Eeeek..!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #1230
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Oh by the way, I'm starting a movement to have limbkiller's photos banned from the site!!

I've put on ten pounds just lookin' at all them good eats!!!

limbkiller, you better cut dat s#!t out!!!
Bloomberg's Watching..Eeeeeeeek..!