Differences between Conservatives and Liberals
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Differences between Conservatives and Liberals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2179 Times on 1288 Posts
Likes Given: 4728

Default Differences between Conservatives and Liberals

Do not know if this has been posted before; however, I had the need to pass it on!

Differences between Conservatives and Liberals - The Club House

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sounds about right.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Very appropriate comparison!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #4

I love Glenn Beck. My hero!

Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #5

Default errr

This is pretty ridiculous. I'm a registered Democrat, and lean toward liberal ideas. I love how Glenn can lump and label people. /facepalm

In regards to the liberal comments:

A) Very few liberals want guns completely banned. The ones that do are entirely irrational. There is a large difference between an assault weapon / armor piercing rounds specifically designed to kill a human and a hunting rifle/concealable personal defense firearm. I am opposed to citizens owning assault weapons, and I do own two rifles of my own.

B) You're talking about a few extremists like the PETA nutjobs. I personally don't know any liberals (as in people I actually interact with, and that's a lot) that want to ban meat / food they choose not to eat.

C) I believe you should look for non-lethal ways to resolve a confrontation first. If we are going to use military force then the repercussions of such force should be seriously evaluated to make sure the right decision is made, as it is not something we should take lightly. However, once the decision is made to mobilize/activate our military it should be swift, with purpose, and brutally efficient.

D) This one I kinda agree with. It pisses me off as well, in fact more so as a liberal. Respect is earned and shouldn't just be given out because you deviate from the norm. If you say anything that offends them they get all upset because you are "discriminating" against them. It's bull****, these people need to grow up and get a thicker skin in my opinion. The world is a great sea, and it's filled with sharks.

E) This one I somewhat agree with as well. As with my last part, respect is earned. This includes self respect. You need to take accountability for your own actions and better your position. Theses people need to stop feelign sorry for themselves, take the bull by the horns, and get out there to improve their own position.

F) See above, heh.

G) I think it is the responsibility of the media to relay the truth. If someone is purposely spewing out dishonest information intentionally I think they should be discredited (not necessarily taken off of the air). I think as a society we don't put enough pressure on the media to be honest and truthful in their reporting at all times.

H) I'm somewhere between an agnostic and an atheist. I don't think religion should be silenced in any way, providing it is private. I 100% support your rights to go to church or whatnot, providing the church is entirely sustained by private funds. Public money (tax dollars) should not be used to promote or educate on any religion, whether it's Christianity, Muslim, Hindu, or even atheist views. Religious support ends where my tax dollar begins.

I) I think we should have every American covered under some basic form of health care. Why aren't you arguing that if you want a road that you should just build your own? I feel certain things such as road, garbage collection, schools, etc. should be supplied by the government using tax monies as these services benefit society as a whole. In my opinion basic health care fits into this category.

J) Greedy and litigious people are everywhere. This si entirely independent of political party.

K) I'd do neither. Instead, I'll mock his mostly incorrect "facts" and general misinformation.

Last edited by canna; 01-10-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #6

i got one to add to that list

If i conservative reads this list and doesnt think its that funny he just moves on to another post.
A liberal writes a longer reply longer than the OP.
"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 01-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Well Canna in response to you, go by the introductions section and tell us a little more about yourself. Also, assault weopons shouldn't be banned as they are part of our second amendment right, also, health care shouldn't be provided by the gov't as anyone who wants good health care can get a job and pay for it themselves. In regards to your roads theory, roads were originally built in roam to help the MILITARY move more efficiently, so since they are a function of the military, ;aw enforcement, and emergency services, we kind of have to spend our tax dollars on them.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Canna, Canna, Canna................you are so misguided. "Assault Weapons" eh?

Who besides the military and Law Enforcement SWAT teams get to have "Assault Weapons"? Oh.........so you really do NOT know what is, or IS NOT, an "Assault Weapon" do you? I will not waste my time trying to educate you. As a Libertard your mind is only open to thoughts that you conceive yourself or accept as programming from the Libertard Central Command. You could not ever open your mind to opposing views. That would require critical thinking skills, which you (and most other Libertards) obviously do not have.

Another trait of a Libertard is that they have no sene of humor. Libertards cannot laugh at themselves because they take themselves too seriously. Why? Because they think that they are so intellectually superior to the ignorant gun loving red-neck conservatives that anything they think MUST be beyond reproach and not subject to question.

You sir, are a Libertard.......begone from my forum you idjit!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #9

Liked 2060 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

No not all liberals want guns banned, just as not all conservatives support private gun ownership. The ratio is some where like liberals against private gun ownership 60% to 40% for private gun ownership, as apposed to conservatives where they are 70% pro-gun and 30% anti-gun.

In the pro-gun community the problem is not the issue of private gun ownership, but rather what guns are covered. There are way to many varying opinions as to what should be legal and what should not be legal.

The second Amendment is an all or nothing right, not a conditional one. It does not say, "Shall not infringe except for." It says, "shall not infringe" giving no options to any governing body at all. Any gun law that is on the books now are violations of the Second Amendment under the miss-guided guise of for our own good.

Nowhere does it say that the only guns covered under the Second Amendment are hunting weapons only, but it has already been ruled by the courts that it covers weapons in common use today. The issue of the Second Amendment was not for hunting or target shooting, but so that citizens can effectively protect them selves, their loved ones, their community, their state from invasion and against a usurped government. If we do not have the weapons of common use today that equal the fire power of the Military then we cannot effectively fight any new would be King that rises to power.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #10

The funny thing is so called conservatives are nothing more than laissez faire liberals of the type rising up and continuing from the good old Hoover administration. No way are you guys Burkeian conservatives. America is and always has been a liberal democracy and modern lib/con's are just the two sides of the same coin. Sorry about that boys