did a little cooking this afternoon

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > did a little cooking this afternoon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Default did a little cooking this afternoon

the wife had a horse barn pot luck party and asked if i would smoke a brisket. o i said sure if we can find one this time of year. of course none to be had. so plan 2 was pork loin. woke up this morning and it was raining. rained all day. so no smoking anything. i had crusted the loin with salt pepper thyme sage and rosemary overnite. then pan seared it all four sides deglazed with a half cup mix of redwine and bourbon. popped the lid on the cast iron pan and baked in the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes.

the stream of juice down the middle was from the meat probe

this was the result

i also made a cider vinegar sauce with crusshed red pepper, crushed black pepper a touch of tabasco salt brown sugar molassas, a scootch of ketchup, some paprika and garlic salt.

she called me just a bit ago to tell me everyone went crazy over it

i need a better camera

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-16-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Crazy people in a Horse Barn? Is that a good thing? Looks tastey.