Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > did the gunshop try to rip me off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If you are bidding on gunbroker.com OR on auctionarms.com, BOTH sites have a "Find A FFL" function. Plug in yer zip code, and folks that are willing to serve as a transfer FFL are listed there, along with their fees, address, phone #.

I do a lot of internet shopping- in addition to the auction price, remember to add in cost of shipping, and cost of FFL transfer.
Also, check the gun stores you usually frequent in your area. Here in Las Vegas, there are several gun stores I use for FFL transfers for my online purchases. On average, it costs me $25 per weapon and I don't think that's excessive at all. Most of them are happy to oblige folks who buy online. Not to mention that I also buy goods from their stores....

Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Never look back!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Do us all a favor and go back and show that ass hat your newly purchased Mossy and the receipt after you get it. I can't stand retail places that get away with overpricing firearms, or anything, for that matter, and damn pushy salesman that think they have the best deal and price around. Sometimes the look on their faces are priceless, right before they usually get frustrated and pissed off, but I love it!

Jack
lol I would love to shove the price in his face if I wasnt afraid he'd shoot me and plant a gun on me.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
lol I would love to shove the price in his face if I wasnt afraid he'd shoot me and plant a gun on me.
Fax the price & a pic of the gun to him; that way he has to pay for the electricity for the fax & the piece of paper (or five ).

Old 08-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The store owner is looking for the new guy. There is a newer gun shop about 30 miles from me that has a lot of firearms but all are way over priced. He's in a location where I expect he gets a lot of traffic in his store and most of them must be first time gun buyers. Then again this time next year I expect a different business will be there

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #16

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
Go heavy!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello