did the gunshop try to rip me off?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > did the gunshop try to rip me off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default did the gunshop try to rip me off?

So I stopped by to look at pricing for a Moss 500, and the guy brought out a cruiser. It was about 18" had a ported barrel, pistol grip and "shiny slide". I liked it up until the guy told me $500 then it became the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and I've dreamt of Mrs. Obama naked once. Now in gun experts opinion was that pricing too much for it? Also shouldnt a gunstore have.......guns? 6 guns plus some shotguns, and they dont even sell ammo.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #2

Rip off. Dont go back, especially if they dont sell ammo. You can get a cheaper m500 cruiser for less than 500. Hell, If I add a pistol grip to my gun, it'd be basically a m500 cruiser.
And it'd only be about 210 bucks for the gun and PG.

S.S.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #3

Ah I had the feeling that price and that shotty didnt go hand in hand. Yea I wont be going back there worst customer service ever. Cigar smoke being blown at me and a half empty hunting store seems a bit fishy to me. *Store front* lol IMO

Old 08-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

GunBroker.com Search Results

They seem to run around $350. The guy's a dick.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #5

Yea I found one for 267 online now I just have to find someplace to transfer it to.
The Guy was a bit of a pushy D*ck, he wanted to get rid of it quick.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

In the same website when you found the persuader for $267 ...you can put around $40 more and get the same shotgun but 20" barel and magazine ext. for more shots... or a Remington 870 express.... just saying.... any that you choose is a great home defender.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 08-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2115 Times on 1143 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Yep, that is a ripoff shop.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

If you are bidding on gunbroker.com OR on auctionarms.com, BOTH sites have a "Find A FFL" function. Plug in yer zip code, and folks that are willing to serve as a transfer FFL are listed there, along with their fees, address, phone #.

I do a lot of internet shopping- in addition to the auction price, remember to add in cost of shipping, and cost of FFL transfer.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #9

If you want a mossberg 500 cruiser, get a maverick 88 and a pistol grip. It'll be under $300 easily.

S.S.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
Yea I found one for 267 online now I just have to find someplace to transfer it to.
The Guy was a bit of a pushy D*ck, he wanted to get rid of it quick.
Do us all a favor and go back and show that ass hat your newly purchased Mossy and the receipt after you get it. I can't stand retail places that get away with overpricing firearms, or anything, for that matter, and damn pushy salesman that think they have the best deal and price around. Sometimes the look on their faces are priceless, right before they usually get frustrated and pissed off, but I love it!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”