Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   did the gunshop try to rip me off? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/did-gunshop-try-rip-me-off-16669/)

dynastyofnext 08-08-2009 05:18 AM

did the gunshop try to rip me off?

So I stopped by to look at pricing for a Moss 500, and the guy brought out a cruiser. It was about 18" had a ported barrel, pistol grip and "shiny slide". I liked it up until the guy told me $500 then it became the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and I've dreamt of Mrs. Obama naked once. Now in gun experts opinion was that pricing too much for it? Also shouldnt a gunstore have.......guns? 6 guns plus some shotguns, and they dont even sell ammo.

Shotgun Shooter 08-08-2009 05:21 AM

Rip off. Dont go back, especially if they dont sell ammo. You can get a cheaper m500 cruiser for less than 500. Hell, If I add a pistol grip to my gun, it'd be basically a m500 cruiser.
And it'd only be about 210 bucks for the gun and PG.

S.S.

dynastyofnext 08-08-2009 05:40 AM

Ah I had the feeling that price and that shotty didnt go hand in hand. Yea I wont be going back there worst customer service ever. Cigar smoke being blown at me and a half empty hunting store seems a bit fishy to me. *Store front* lol IMO

CA357 08-08-2009 05:42 AM

GunBroker.com Search Results

They seem to run around $350. The guy's a dick.

dynastyofnext 08-08-2009 06:19 AM

Yea I found one for 267 online now I just have to find someplace to transfer it to.
The Guy was a bit of a pushy D*ck, he wanted to get rid of it quick.

AsmelEduardo 08-08-2009 07:17 AM

In the same website when you found the persuader for $267 ...you can put around $40 more and get the same shotgun but 20" barel and magazine ext. for more shots... or a Remington 870 express.... just saying.... any that you choose is a great home defender.

alsaqr 08-08-2009 10:34 AM

Yep, that is a ripoff shop.

c3shooter 08-08-2009 10:42 AM

If you are bidding on gunbroker.com OR on auctionarms.com, BOTH sites have a "Find A FFL" function. Plug in yer zip code, and folks that are willing to serve as a transfer FFL are listed there, along with their fees, address, phone #.

I do a lot of internet shopping- in addition to the auction price, remember to add in cost of shipping, and cost of FFL transfer.

Shotgun Shooter 08-08-2009 12:25 PM

If you want a mossberg 500 cruiser, get a maverick 88 and a pistol grip. It'll be under $300 easily. :)

S.S.

IGETEVEN 08-08-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastyofnext (Post 141209)
Yea I found one for 267 online now I just have to find someplace to transfer it to.
The Guy was a bit of a pushy D*ck, he wanted to get rid of it quick.

Do us all a favor and go back and show that ass hat your newly purchased Mossy and the receipt after you get it. I can't stand retail places that get away with overpricing firearms, or anything, for that matter, and damn pushy salesman that think they have the best deal and price around. Sometimes the look on their faces are priceless, right before they usually get frustrated and pissed off, but I love it! ;)

Jack