Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Did alot of soul searching lately.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Did alot of soul searching lately.....

Troubled by the current problems our nation is facing, and the corruptness that has been spreading across the Republicans and the Democrats alike, I found myself wondering, where do my political loyalties lie? I am not a Democrat, and for the longest time I considered myself a Republican.

Lately, I have found that the GOP is about as corrupt as the Democratic party, and I cannot, in good conscience continue to be aligned with the republican party.

I have performed alot of research, and I decided that it's time to dump the republican party as my affiliation.

I have decided that I am now going to affiliate myself with the Independent American Party. This group has the values that are closest to my own, which I hold dear.

Some of you may wonder "Why?????". I have to be honest with myself, and I have to be true to my beliefs and morals. The Republican party and the Democratic party has failed, both ethically, and morally.

If any of you wants to research the Independent American party, feel free to do so. Here's the website.

Platform of the Independent American Party

God Bless.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Always been an Independent.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I feel your pain, SGT.

I have been looking at the Independents, Libertarians and the Constitutionalists.

Here's the delima. While I have always been conservative and proud of it, it seems that no party has 100% of my personal beliefs. I don't think it exists for anyone in reality. I do know that a liberal (huge gubmit) party is in no way in line with by beliefs. I suppose I will have to go thru a process and deeper searching of what is most important and who feels the same.

Anyone got the moola and connections to start a Reaganite party?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Sarge, I made the move to the Independent Party last November. I too was disgusted with the GOP whom I had stood by through thick and thin. Believe me, it was a painful thing to do.
But I looked at my decision the way that Pat Buchanan did when he moved to the Independent Party. Pat stated that he didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left him.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Last edited by chopkick; 05-03-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey Sarge if you have not seen this link yet, check it out. You 100% right that the Republican party has somehow gone awry in the last 200 years and I believe that the framers of the Constitution would find the Republican party foreign to them if they were alive today. We need to all stand together and re-align our party or at least return to the values and the truths that our forefathers found so precious.

The American Form of Government

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I have done the same about two years ago. I don't 100% agree with either republicans or democrats.

I was raised in a democratic family and state, then when I was old enough to realize that there are some f*ckin nutjob democrats, I slowly turned to the republican side. Then I realized that there are some f*ckin nutjob republicans. So I consider myself an independent. I'm not a 100% independent because I don't trust in republicans and democrats 50/50.

I hate voting, because the three times I have voted, I didn't want to vote for either candidate. Lewis Black said it best for the 2000 election, "When you went into that voting booth, you had a choice between two bowls of sh1t, the only difference was the smell." Writing in someone is a useless vote, and I don't want a psychotic democrat in office, so I vote republican. Of course, living in a severely blue state, my votes have never mattered, so I'm considering writing in random people from now on, especially dead people.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I was raised as a Democrat in a Democratic family. I became non affiliated/DTS when the Dems went way over to the Left. I then joined the Republicans so I could vote in Primaries. As a DTS (Decline to State), I had no vote in Primaries.

Now, since this latest and ultimate fiasco with Ebonics and McCan't, I am unaffiliated once again.

I like the Independent Party and some of the Libertarian platform and some of the Constitution Party. I will likely ultimately join the Independents. I favor their approach more than any other party.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 AM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Troubled by the current problems our nation is facing, and the corruptness that has been spreading across the Republicans and the Democrats alike, I found myself wondering, where do my political loyalties lie? I am not a Democrat, and for the longest time I considered myself a Republican.

Lately, I have found that the GOP is about as corrupt as the Democratic party, and I cannot, in good conscience continue to be aligned with the republican party.

I have performed alot of research, and I decided that it's time to dump the republican party as my affiliation.

I have decided that I am now going to affiliate myself with the Independent American Party. This group has the values that are closest to my own, which I hold dear.

Some of you may wonder "Why?????". I have to be honest with myself, and I have to be true to my beliefs and morals. The Republican party and the Democratic party has failed, both ethically, and morally.

If any of you wants to research the Independent American party, feel free to do so. Here's the website.

Platform of the Independent American Party

God Bless.

I think you did right, my friend. I too have been struggling with these issues and I'm about to jump off the Republican band wagon.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

What happens when you know your candidate has no chance of winning? Do you say later that at least you did not vote for the guy, or do you just accept that your party has no voice at all?

That is where I am currently. Seems to me that another change of party platforms is in order. But, to whom do you align your affiliation? Imo, voting for someone who will never win is the same as voting for the enemy...see Barack Hussein Obama and William Jefferson Clinton (2x's).

How can the best country in the history of the world suck so much?

I wanna know.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #10

Good on ya, Sgt. I'm a registered member of the Constitution Party, and have been since 2003. The last time I voted for a Republican was GW in 2000.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”