Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dick's Sporting Goods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt232

May be true about most of the employees but not all, I like Bass Pro because they have decent prices and a good selection in my opinion. Not too concerned about what they know, I do a ton of research before I buy a gun all I need them to do is ring me up
I do too but if u do have a question most of the time they can't answer it lol

Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #22
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1009 Posts
Likes Given: 3540

The one we have has a okay selection of rifles and shotguns. Now price was it is slightly competitive with Sportsman's Warehouse and way cheaper than Big 5.

I was there the other day and that is how I got their card. I purchased 2 boxes of 525 Bulk pack of Blazer CCI 40gr. The price was $21.00 each.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #23

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ever since they scammed me with that "deal" I've avoided getting Dicked as much as possible. I did find that certain accessory items, like hearing protection, cleaning supplies, etc. are covered.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
I agree, normally overpriced, though I did buy a rifle on sale once.
+1 - I wish a few $$$ didn't make a difference but it did and still does...

Or at least until I win the Lottery !

Last edited by Gonzilla; 04-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1168 Times on 571 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Wow, spend $300 to save $10. That is a lot of overpriced tee shirts!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #26

I take back everything GOOD I ever said about dicks!!
so I wanted to buy a tika t3 from dicks sporting goods. it was cheaper than any other shops around. they didn't have the 30-06 in stock and the guy said they had one in their warehouse and it will take 8 days to come. that counts for my ten day waiting period. so on the 11th day I go to pick it up and no rifle. the guy I dealt with was not their. he was the lead and he will be in that afternoon. so I called and he said he would have to call Monday to see what is going on.no big deal so I called Monday and he said that tika did not get a purchase order. so on Tuesday he told me they got the purchase order and was going to over night it. ok I'll buy that. so now it's Saturday and I go and still no rifle. now the manager I gets involved cause the guy is off. he find other orders that people placed still sitting in a pile along with mine. and on it, it said rifle will release in end of August. there on back order. I'm not mad because it's on back order, I'm mad cause all this time I have been lied to. so since I have been calling everyday and asking for the rifle, I was pissed. since their policy said no refunds. I ended up getting a Benelli 12 gauge shot gun. and got some money back from the difference and left. I won't ever shop their again. one guy ruined it for me. the original guy told me they had one in their storage back east. then on Tuesday he said that tika in Italy hasn't sent it out. so the guy lied to me the whole time. and the only reason I bought the shot gun was because I have wanted the Benelli nova for awhile and it was reasonably priced. plus I couldn't get my refund. store policy is no refunds on ammo and firearms. I got the difference back and left with my shotgun and will never set my foot into dicks again.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #27
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIOR78 View Post
I take back everything GOOD I ever said about dicks!!
so I wanted to buy a tika t3 from dicks sporting goods. it was cheaper than any other shops around. they didn't have the 30-06 in stock and the guy said they had one in their warehouse and it will take 8 days to come. that counts for my ten day waiting period. so on the 11th day I go to pick it up and no rifle. the guy I dealt with was not their. he was the lead and he will be in that afternoon. so I called and he said he would have to call Monday to see what is going on.no big deal so I called Monday and he said that tika did not get a purchase order. so on Tuesday he told me they got the purchase order and was going to over night it. ok I'll buy that. so now it's Saturday and I go and still no rifle. now the manager I gets involved cause the guy is off. he find other orders that people placed still sitting in a pile along with mine. and on it, it said rifle will release in end of August. there on back order. I'm not mad because it's on back order, I'm mad cause all this time I have been lied to. so since I have been calling everyday and asking for the rifle, I was pissed. since their policy said no refunds. I ended up getting a Benelli 12 gauge shot gun. and got some money back from the difference and left. I won't ever shop their again. one guy ruined it for me. the original guy told me they had one in their storage back east. then on Tuesday he said that tika in Italy hasn't sent it out. so the guy lied to me the whole time. and the only reason I bought the shot gun was because I have wanted the Benelli nova for awhile and it was reasonably priced. plus I couldn't get my refund. store policy is no refunds on ammo and firearms. I got the difference back and left with my shotgun and will never set my foot into dicks again.
What I do not get, is that you never accepted the rifle into your hands. The refund should have been given, even from the infromation from the website.

I would have been screaming at corporate.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=mbg&ab=Footer _Help_ReturnPolicy

If you are not satisfied with your purchase simply return your item within 90 days of receipt to any of our Dick's Sporting Goods retail locations or by shipping back to the DicksSportingGoods.com returns facility. Credit will be issued to your original form of payment for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping charges or gift wrap. In the event the item has been received damaged, defective out of the box or the incorrect item was shipped, shipping charges will be refunded.

Items must be returned in new and unused condition, include all parts and accessories and in original vendor packaging. Dick's Sporting Goods Standard Return policy does not apply to all items. For a list of exceptions and instructions on how to return please refer to our Return Exceptions.

To ensure a full credit, returns must be accompanied by the original sales receipt or packing slip.

For additional assistance visit your local Dicks Sporting Goods retail location or call toll-free at 1.877.846.9997 and one of our customer service agents will be glad to recommend alternate return options that may be available.

Please note that Dicks Sporting Goods reserves the right to refuse any returns if they do not meet our return requirements.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=exceptions

Return Exceptions:

Firearms and ammunition (not sold via DicksSportingGoods.com)

Old 05-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1734 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 547

It was not a return, it was a cancellation. The refund should have been given. If a credit card was used a dispute could have been filed with the credit card company and since the merchandise was not delivered Dicks would have been back charged.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 05-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #29
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
It was not a return, it was a cancellation. The refund should have been given. If a credit card was used a dispute could have been filed with the credit card company and since the merchandise was not delivered Dicks would have been back charged.
Thanks for the info, another reason to add to the list not to go to Dick's Sporting Goods.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

I got quite a bit of their stuff too, i always like when they send me stickers.
Hey i like stickers, what kinda stickers you get, where ya get'em from?