Dick's Sporting Goods
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dick's Sporting Goods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1914 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 3905

Default Dick's Sporting Goods

We just had a Dick's Sporting Goods open in my area. They were pushing the scorecard to get points ($10.00 off) for every $300 use spend. I opened the coupon and excludes everything under the sun; what a scam!

Minimum purchase of $50.

Excludes: Firearms, ammunition, Shimano, St. Croix, G. Loomis, fishing electronics, trolling motors, outboard motors, Diamondback, Jansport, Under Armour, all ball gloves $160 or more, all bats $199 or more, select Warrior, Brine and STX merchandise, Polar, The North Face, Patagonia, Nike Pro Combat, Livestrong, AF1 and Jordan, Brooks, Reebok footwear, New Balance 574, Ugg Australia, Merrell, Burton, Marmot, Spyder, Mountain Hardwear, Columbia, Quicksilver, Roxy, Billabong, Volcom, Babolat, PING, Titleist, FootJooy DryJoys Tour and FootJoy XPS-1, ecco, SkyGolf, golf electronics, select new release Callaway Golf, Cleveland, Odyseey, cobra, TaylorMade and FootJoy merchandise and championship. Some additional exclusions may apply. See store for details.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
We just had a Dick's Sporting Goods open in my area. They were pushing the scorecard to get points ($10.00 off) for every $300 use spend. I opened the coupon and excludes everything under the sun; what a scam!

Minimum purchase of $50.

Excludes: Firearms, ammunition, Shimano, St. Croix, G. Loomis, fishing electronics, trolling motors, outboard motors, Diamondback, Jansport, Under Armour, all ball gloves $160 or more, all bats $199 or more, select Warrior, Brine and STX merchandise, Polar, The North Face, Patagonia, Nike Pro Combat, Livestrong, AF1 and Jordan, Brooks, Reebok footwear, New Balance 574, Ugg Australia, Merrell, Burton, Marmot, Spyder, Mountain Hardwear, Columbia, Quicksilver, Roxy, Billabong, Volcom, Babolat, PING, Titleist, FootJooy DryJoys Tour and FootJoy XPS-1, ecco, SkyGolf, golf electronics, select new release Callaway Golf, Cleveland, Odyseey, cobra, TaylorMade and FootJoy merchandise and championship. Some additional exclusions may apply. See store for details.
Yeah, i avoid dicks almost as much as i avoid Gander mountain. Your right it IS a scam. Its just a way to get your personal information so they can sell it.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #3

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

WTF, thats like having a life insurance policy that excludes

Suicide
Accidental death
Medical illness

"ive seen it before"

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #4

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post

Minimum purchase of $50.

They had a great deal on gun safes Thanksgiving 2011. I pick one up on Black Friday and about a month later I received a $40 dollar coupon in the mail. I had a half off coupon from the back of a ticket from a high school basketball game. I was able to purchase $80.00 worth of ammo for my $40.00 coupon.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #5

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I try not to buy anything from them, normally overpriced. I did have the best service experience at the gun counter a few weeks back. All the lgs I've been too this guy was the nicest.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I agree, normally overpriced, though I did buy a rifle on sale once.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #7

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Don't have them in this area, but I've heard pros & cons about them. I prefer doing business with my LGS, even though they are a little higher on ammo & accessories & about middle of the road on gun pricing, compared to other gun stores in my area. But they give bang-up good service after the sale. Don't seem to get that 'personal touch' from the big box stores.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #8

we have one here and I was looking for a 30-06 tika t3 stainless steel. and there price was cheaper than the local gun shops about 150 dollars less.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #9

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

When my brother was in collage there was one on the route to his apartment us to stop in there and see what they had, I find there prices are more then most of the stores around my area. Ya they have a lot of stuff in the store but the gun guy up in lousiville last time I was there really didn't know his ******* from his elbow, and they're gun selection sucked.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #10

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

I have not had many good experiences with the one in my town. Poor customer service, products always out of stock, and some over priced stuff as well. I'm not gonna step foot in another Dicks Sporting Goods store again. Better off sticking to Bass Pro or the internet