Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Dick's Sporting Goods (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dicks-sporting-goods-63247/)

Bigcountry02 04-25-2012 05:43 PM

Dick's Sporting Goods

We just had a Dick's Sporting Goods open in my area. They were pushing the scorecard to get points ($10.00 off) for every $300 use spend. I opened the coupon and excludes everything under the sun; what a scam!

Minimum purchase of $50.

Excludes: Firearms, ammunition, Shimano, St. Croix, G. Loomis, fishing electronics, trolling motors, outboard motors, Diamondback, Jansport, Under Armour, all ball gloves $160 or more, all bats $199 or more, select Warrior, Brine and STX merchandise, Polar, The North Face, Patagonia, Nike Pro Combat, Livestrong, AF1 and Jordan, Brooks, Reebok footwear, New Balance 574, Ugg Australia, Merrell, Burton, Marmot, Spyder, Mountain Hardwear, Columbia, Quicksilver, Roxy, Billabong, Volcom, Babolat, PING, Titleist, FootJooy DryJoys Tour and FootJoy XPS-1, ecco, SkyGolf, golf electronics, select new release Callaway Golf, Cleveland, Odyseey, cobra, TaylorMade and FootJoy merchandise and championship. Some additional exclusions may apply. See store for details.

fmj 04-25-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 781661)
We just had a Dick's Sporting Goods open in my area. They were pushing the scorecard to get points ($10.00 off) for every $300 use spend. I opened the coupon and excludes everything under the sun; what a scam!

Minimum purchase of $50.

Excludes: Firearms, ammunition, Shimano, St. Croix, G. Loomis, fishing electronics, trolling motors, outboard motors, Diamondback, Jansport, Under Armour, all ball gloves $160 or more, all bats $199 or more, select Warrior, Brine and STX merchandise, Polar, The North Face, Patagonia, Nike Pro Combat, Livestrong, AF1 and Jordan, Brooks, Reebok footwear, New Balance 574, Ugg Australia, Merrell, Burton, Marmot, Spyder, Mountain Hardwear, Columbia, Quicksilver, Roxy, Billabong, Volcom, Babolat, PING, Titleist, FootJooy DryJoys Tour and FootJoy XPS-1, ecco, SkyGolf, golf electronics, select new release Callaway Golf, Cleveland, Odyseey, cobra, TaylorMade and FootJoy merchandise and championship. Some additional exclusions may apply. See store for details.

Yeah, i avoid dicks almost as much as i avoid Gander mountain. Your right it IS a scam. Its just a way to get your personal information so they can sell it.

MrWray 04-25-2012 10:14 PM

WTF, thats like having a life insurance policy that excludes

Suicide
Accidental death
Medical illness

"ive seen it before"

beaglesam 04-25-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 781661)

Minimum purchase of $50.

They had a great deal on gun safes Thanksgiving 2011. I pick one up on Black Friday and about a month later I received a $40 dollar coupon in the mail. I had a half off coupon from the back of a ticket from a high school basketball game. I was able to purchase $80.00 worth of ammo for my $40.00 coupon.

kytowboater 04-25-2012 11:46 PM

I try not to buy anything from them, normally overpriced. I did have the best service experience at the gun counter a few weeks back. All the lgs I've been too this guy was the nicest.

Car54 04-26-2012 12:02 AM

I agree, normally overpriced, though I did buy a rifle on sale once.

gollygee 04-26-2012 12:41 AM

Don't have them in this area, but I've heard pros & cons about them. I prefer doing business with my LGS, even though they are a little higher on ammo & accessories & about middle of the road on gun pricing, compared to other gun stores in my area. But they give bang-up good service after the sale. Don't seem to get that 'personal touch' from the big box stores.

WARRIOR78 04-26-2012 12:52 AM

we have one here and I was looking for a 30-06 tika t3 stainless steel. and there price was cheaper than the local gun shops about 150 dollars less.

unclebear 04-26-2012 12:58 AM

When my brother was in collage there was one on the route to his apartment us to stop in there and see what they had, I find there prices are more then most of the stores around my area. Ya they have a lot of stuff in the store but the gun guy up in lousiville last time I was there really didn't know his ******* from his elbow, and they're gun selection sucked.

mt232 04-26-2012 12:59 AM

I have not had many good experiences with the one in my town. Poor customer service, products always out of stock, and some over priced stuff as well. I'm not gonna step foot in another Dicks Sporting Goods store again. Better off sticking to Bass Pro or the internet