Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dick's Sportin' Goods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 4

Default Dick's Sportin' Goods

FYI - There is a new "Dick's" that did the grand opening thing in Clearwater tonight (and tomorrow). In the mail I got a couple coupons - one for $10 off if I spent $25. That was easy. I got an PVC ammo can with a tray, some solvent and oil for about $35.

I'm happy about the ammo can because people were looking at me funny walking in to the range with 400 rounds in a walmart bag. Between this and a nice sig sauer range bag my wife got me and the ammo can, I won't look like such a dork. :-)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

They just had a grand opening of a Dick's in Manhattan, KS. There were some good sales and coupons and we needed football cleats and stuff for my son, so we went. I was really dissapointed. They didn't have any of his first three choices of shoes in his size and couldn't guarantee that they would be able to order them in. There was a buy on get one half off on .45acp and they didn't have any of that either. I don't know if business was so good that they ran out of everything we wanted, or if they just didn't stock much of what they were advertising. I'm going to stay away.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

My daughter and I have thought about swinging through the new Dick's in clw. I have never shopped at a Dick's but hear they are a nice shop.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Dick's is pretty good but firearms tend to be pricey at least in the stores near me. They're on par with Gander Mountain. I wouldn't say either is up to Cabella's standards.

There's a Bass Pro Shop maybe 1+ hours out from me...is it worth exploring? I like fishing but not so much I'm willing to browse reels, rods and lures for more than a few minutes.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There is a Dick's in Wesley Chapel, FL (N or Tampa) near where my daughter daughter lives. I find them expensive for ammo, and generally poorly stocked. I have tried on several occasions to get my daughter some self defense 9 mm rounds, and they never have it. I wind up getting it at a range. The range is sometimes cheaper, which is really strange.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Dicks by us has absolutely no hunting or fishing equipment. It's all clothing, shoes, and extremely overpriced snowsports in the winter. I'll stick with Big 5 down the street or make the 1.5 hour drive to Bass Pro.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 08-29-2011, 03:35 AM   #7

Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fapprez
My daughter and I have thought about swinging through the new Dick's in clw. I have never shopped at a Dick's but hear they are a nice shop.
A neighbor, eh? Maybe we can meet up at Knight sometime!
Built AR-15, 5.56 & .300 AAC Blackout tops
Yugoslavian AK-47
Remington 1100 Tactical Shotgun
Remington 1100 Shotgun
Crosman 760 pump gun <smirk>
M1 Garand .30-06
M1903 Springfield Sporter .30-06
Sig Sauer P250 Sub Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer TacOps 1911

Old 08-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #8

Theres one that just opened recently in daytona beach, hasnt let me down yet on havimg what im lookin for

Old 08-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

There's a Bass Pro Shop maybe 1+ hours out from me...is it worth exploring? I like fishing but not so much I'm willing to browse reels, rods and lures for more than a few minutes.
Bass Pro Shop has been a major sponsor of this season of Top Shot. I'm assuming from that fact that they are pretty solid in the firearms department, or at least are pushing in that direction. I would go to a Bass Pro Shop in a second. I've never been to one, nor to a Cabela's.

Hoping...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Dick's is pretty good but firearms tend to be pricey at least in the stores near me. They're on par with Gander Mountain. I wouldn't say either is up to Cabella's standards.

BPS is a full line outdoor store, lots of supplies for the shooting sports.