Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Dick's Sportin' Goods (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dicks-sportin-goods-47380/)

JeffCooper 08-26-2011 07:06 AM

Dick's Sportin' Goods

FYI - There is a new "Dick's" that did the grand opening thing in Clearwater tonight (and tomorrow). In the mail I got a couple coupons - one for $10 off if I spent $25. That was easy. I got an PVC ammo can with a tray, some solvent and oil for about $35.

I'm happy about the ammo can because people were looking at me funny walking in to the range with 400 rounds in a walmart bag. Between this and a nice sig sauer range bag my wife got me and the ammo can, I won't look like such a dork. :-)

fireguy 08-26-2011 12:11 PM

They just had a grand opening of a Dick's in Manhattan, KS. There were some good sales and coupons and we needed football cleats and stuff for my son, so we went. I was really dissapointed. They didn't have any of his first three choices of shoes in his size and couldn't guarantee that they would be able to order them in. There was a buy on get one half off on .45acp and they didn't have any of that either. I don't know if business was so good that they ran out of everything we wanted, or if they just didn't stock much of what they were advertising. I'm going to stay away.

fapprez 08-28-2011 03:17 PM

My daughter and I have thought about swinging through the new Dick's in clw. I have never shopped at a Dick's but hear they are a nice shop.

bkt 08-28-2011 03:25 PM

Dick's is pretty good but firearms tend to be pricey at least in the stores near me. They're on par with Gander Mountain. I wouldn't say either is up to Cabella's standards.

There's a Bass Pro Shop maybe 1+ hours out from me...is it worth exploring? I like fishing but not so much I'm willing to browse reels, rods and lures for more than a few minutes.

Daoust_Nat 08-28-2011 04:57 PM

There is a Dick's in Wesley Chapel, FL (N or Tampa) near where my daughter daughter lives. I find them expensive for ammo, and generally poorly stocked. I have tried on several occasions to get my daughter some self defense 9 mm rounds, and they never have it. I wind up getting it at a range. The range is sometimes cheaper, which is really strange.

gregs887 08-28-2011 05:03 PM

Dicks by us has absolutely no hunting or fishing equipment. It's all clothing, shoes, and extremely overpriced snowsports in the winter. I'll stick with Big 5 down the street or make the 1.5 hour drive to Bass Pro.

JeffCooper 08-29-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fapprez
My daughter and I have thought about swinging through the new Dick's in clw. I have never shopped at a Dick's but hear they are a nice shop.

A neighbor, eh? Maybe we can meet up at Knight sometime!

Sloth88 08-29-2011 04:33 AM

Theres one that just opened recently in daytona beach, hasnt let me down yet on havimg what im lookin for

CHLChris 08-29-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 571031)

There's a Bass Pro Shop maybe 1+ hours out from me...is it worth exploring? I like fishing but not so much I'm willing to browse reels, rods and lures for more than a few minutes.

Bass Pro Shop has been a major sponsor of this season of Top Shot. I'm assuming from that fact that they are pretty solid in the firearms department, or at least are pushing in that direction. I would go to a Bass Pro Shop in a second. I've never been to one, nor to a Cabela's.

Hoping...

Gatoragn 08-29-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 571031)
Dick's is pretty good but firearms tend to be pricey at least in the stores near me. They're on par with Gander Mountain. I wouldn't say either is up to Cabella's standards.

BPS is a full line outdoor store, lots of supplies for the shooting sports.