Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Dickies clothing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dickies-clothing-55527/)

Maverick 01-15-2012 06:50 AM

Dickies clothing

I have had alot of luck with "Dickies" clothing for durability in the past. But in the last 3-4 years it has reallly sucked!
What used to be a durable product has now become a half rate product in my opinion. I got a nice medium weight jacket at Christmas. I like the feel of it. Love the weight, but the pocket lining is about the quality of lining it with newspaper. I have sewn it twice and it still ripps open. I have a belt from 7 years ago by "Dickies" that I would not trade for any other, but have had 2 belts I bought in the past year tht have fallen apart.
Sad they are made in "China", but even more sad that they let their product resemble that fact.
I work for a living. I don't need work clothes that look like I beg for a living.
Anyone else here that has seen the "dickies" decline?

vincent 01-15-2012 07:09 AM

This is a trick question...right???

Wait...no, Dickies suck...yup, they suck.

winds-of-change 01-15-2012 09:25 AM

Try Carhartt clothing. Higher priced but worth every penny. Ask any farmer in Northern Illinois. :D

kfox75 01-15-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 677593)
Try Carhartt clothing. Higher priced but worth every penny. Ask any farmer in Northern Illinois. :D

Quoted for truth. Any northern state for that matter.

c3shooter 01-15-2012 12:57 PM

Carhartt- choice of farmers, miners, and construction workers all over the US.

Dickies- USED to be good.

mtmagwhenindout 01-15-2012 01:29 PM

I used to use Dickie's products all the time but about 3 years ago their clothes started declining so I just made the switch to carhart I couldn't be happier with there quality

Sonic82 01-15-2012 01:50 PM

Some of the RedHead clothes are good.

dragunovsks 01-15-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Carhartt- choice of farmers, miners, and construction workers all over the US.

Dickies- USED to be good.

I cant bring myself to pay the high (in my opinion) price for carhart to use them for work and get them filthy dirty. Not when other brands are just as good and last the same.

winds-of-change 01-15-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 677669)
I cant bring myself to pay the high (in my opinion) price for carhart to use them for work and get them filthy dirty. Not when other brands are just as good and last the same.

I can almost guarantee you if you buy Carhartt you may never need to buy another set of winter wear again. So what if they get dirty?

dragunovsks 01-15-2012 04:31 PM

Dirt, engine oil, hydraulic fluid, red grease are the most common stuff i get on my work clothes and i just cant see spending that much more money for work clothes. I stay plenty warm in my schmidt coveralls. The last pair i had i retired them after 8 years and thats cause i actually out grew them, ive stopped growing up and now im growing laterally.