Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Dexter? Seventh Season is upon us (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dexter-seventh-season-upon-us-74450/)

Dillinger 10-16-2012 08:30 PM

Dexter? Seventh Season is upon us

Anyone watching? I'll admit the last seasons was not that great. I had Travis pegged as pulling the Fight Club from the second episode, but the season before with Lithgow was genius.

So Dexter's back, and at least he is doing what attracted me to the character in the first place again, which is killing bad guys in savage fashion. For awhile there is like a soap opera with all dialogue and no action. :(

Anyone on board for Season 7?

NitroxAZ 10-16-2012 08:38 PM

I am watching but think having Deb find out was a bad move for the writers. The rest off this years storyline is still up in the air.

Dillinger 10-16-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroxAZ (Post 979075)
I am watching but think having Deb find out was a bad move for the writers. The rest off this years storyline is still up in the air.

I am inclined to agree with you. I see that Michael C. Hall is producing now as well, which for me is always a sign of things starting to go to hell in a handbasket because now the "star" has say over things like storylines and arcs.

Being that he is married, or was, in real life to the gal that plays Debra, I can see the intent to give her some juicy roles that might get her a nod for Best Supporting, one of which is finding out your brother is the Bay Harbor Butcher. :rolleyes:

Mosin 10-16-2012 09:06 PM

I liked it at first, but then it became repetitive.. Seriously, how many freaking serial killers are in Miami?...
But it's still a good show and I enjoy it.

Dillinger 10-16-2012 09:14 PM

At any given time the FBI estimates there are about 40-50 unnamed, active serial killers working within the confines of the US mainland borders.

That number does not include spree killers, which I do not believe has been reflected on the show yet. That would be a difficult storyline to write. Dexter sneaking into a theater and cutting up the whacko in the film closet while SWAT sets up outside. :rolleyes:

NitroxAZ 10-16-2012 10:17 PM

I am with Mosin. Started strong and was good for quite a few years. It is still decent but is working on jumping the shark. I hadn't paid enough attention to notice that he was producing.

DodgerBlue 10-17-2012 08:57 PM

I think people who watch dexter should be watched by the goverment.

and should probably have any gun privlilges removed for life.

I think you have to have a screw loose to watch this.

Dillinger 10-17-2012 09:15 PM

You are aware this is a fictional TV series created off a best selling set of fictional novels. Right? :confused:

LongBaller71 10-17-2012 09:35 PM

Wifey and I are both fans. We didn't get started 'til season 4 though. :(

Going to be tough to keep it top notch with the new twist of "Deb" knowing his deeds.

I was disappointed that the mob killed his nanny's beau instead of him.

DodgerBlue 10-18-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 980492)
You are aware this is a fictional TV series created off a best selling set of fictional novels. Right? :confused:

of course, the thing is, you enjoy watch it. that imo, is troubling