Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dexter???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Dexter???

Anyone watch the series finale' tonight?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

I'll be your Huckleberry!

Oh...Dexter will be back next season. Indeed, it was not the ending I was expecting. It was definitely a story line that came full circle. What will be interesting to see is how will Dexter respond? Will he follow in the same footsteps as his own father and mentor and teach his own boy to follow the code and be another Dexter.

I guess that would depend on the Psyche development of the child and what dark personality traits may emerge as he grows.

Personally, I think the child would be to young to remember anything that occurred, but having Dexter as a father, he could easily be raised by a loving, caring and supportive father or a loving, caring and supportive, on going serial killer. He has proven throughout the series, he can maintain both roles.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Not at all what I was expecting. I had to go back and watch the dark interaction between Dexter and Arthur after the finish of the program and watching the interview with both actors.

That final scene with those two took on a COMPLETELY different tone watching it the second time. Arthur's words were cleverly chosen by the writing staff. I thought it was brilliant.

The show kind of came back full circle to the books, but in the third book, it's Astra and Cody who start to show serial killer traits, so we will have to see what next season brings.

Interesting show, but the first season was still my favorite. And the James Doakes character. Too bad they killed him off, I liked that guy...

JD

Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I didn't like the ending. It was just a bit over the top. At least one part of it was. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That was the series finale'? I guess they got to keep you on the hook. All the same it was getting dark and the last show had more twist than a rattle snake. Good writing aways seems to take a different direction than expected.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.