Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   And The Devil Stood At Parade Rest (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/devil-stood-parade-rest-11566/)

Benning Boy 03-05-2009 03:46 PM

And The Devil Stood At Parade Rest

Share your best Boot Camp story.:eek:

roosterjuicer 03-05-2009 03:53 PM

I was standing watch and I heard a loud thump from the back of the compartment. I went to investigate and another recruit was lying in a pretty big puddle of his own blood because he purposefully rolled off his top top rack pretending to sleep walk so he could get a medical discharge. we had to wake everyone up and get the medical guys in there, needless to say that recruit had a rough time the next day for waking everyone up.

another time my RDC petty officer puttnam (black guy) told one of the black guys in our division "you are black as hell, and its dark in here, but I see you smiling boy, shut those damn lips!" it was nearly impossible not to laugh

Benning Boy 03-05-2009 04:20 PM

My battle buddy was determined to get thrown out. He tried bedwetting, sleep walking, nothing worked. He goes on dental sick call, and they handed him some Tylenol-3. I find him slumped against a wall, unable to speak.

I go busting into the Drills office, and I'm immediately told "Beat your face" (do push ups). When they're done with me, I tell them the story. I take them to my buddy.

At this point, he's crying. He hands the Drill an empty pill bottle. The Drill, in his most compassionate voice, asks, "Boy, did you take all these pills?"
My buddy, tears streaming, nods. "Well, I'm gonna let you f*****g die!" My Buddy's eyes bulge, my eyes bulge, and then I get dropped for more push ups.

The Drill went off to call an ambulance, but then and there I knew there was no mercy, and I had arrived in Hell.:cool:

roosterjuicer 03-05-2009 04:35 PM

good story benning. I have one along those lines.

another recruit trying to get out drank a ton of the head cleaning supplies, seriously, several bottles of various cleaning supplies. he started throwing up everywhere and I was getting pretty worried because i was the starboard watch section leader and a guy under my command was on watch and didn't catch this guy sneaking into the cleaning closet.

well my RDC was just standing there laughing at the recruit throwing up everywhere finally I break down and ask if he is going to call the ambulance or if the watch should. Puttnam said, "give him a couple minutes then I will call". I then explained to him that he drank several bottles of cleaning supplies and could die.

Petty officer puttnam explained to me while i was doing 8 count body builders that this recruit wasn't the first guy to try this and all the cleaning supplies do is make you sick, they are non toxic and absolutely cant kill a person.

Benning Boy 03-05-2009 05:02 PM

8 count body builders. I'm starting to have flashbacks.:eek:

We had a freak snowstorm, dropped about a foot in very little time. This was prior to morning P.T., and so we were convinced P.T. would be cancelled. Wrong.

One Drill was a good ol boy, sitting on a platform with his hat cocked back, and he looked comical as hell. Then he starts screaming,"I'm gonna make me a snowman, write TRAINEE on his head, and BASH that m**********r all over the place!"

P.T. actually ran longer that morning, with emphasis on any exercise that required you to lay on the ground.

SGT-MILLER 03-05-2009 07:01 PM

USAF Boot Camp. Day One.........

I was walking into our barracks for the first time. I lined up against the wall with the other recruits. Our TI yelled at us "Find a freakin bunk! NOW!!!!!!". As I walked down the center aisle, I noticed that the world went topsy-turvy as the TI pushed me, linebacker-style, out of the middle aisle.

"Don't ever walk down my freakin aisle! The next time I catch any one of you walking down my center aisle, I am going to push my thumb through your foreheads!!!!!"

He also added. "Technically, I am not supposed to touch you recruits in any way! I invite one of you to report me!"

.....no one ever did report him. He was the hardest TI, but he was fair, and I respected that man for getting me tough.

od green 03-05-2009 08:22 PM

First formation, I got caught looking down ranks and the TI came over and put the brim of his Smokey the bear hat on the brim of my hat while wearing the mirrored sunglasses Screaming in my face. I was scared crap less but when I saw in his glasses my expression I busted out laughing. That was the first closest near death experience . That was 1976 and I'm still doing push ups for that !!!!!

jeepcreep927 03-05-2009 09:59 PM

Nothing good in real boot camp, but I just returned from an Army program called Warrior Transition. It's for prior service members from other branches entering the Army, kinda a less sucky boot camp. Anyhow...

One dude in my platoon realized he'd made a mistake in joiningn the Army and did everything he could to get chaptered out. Failed numerous PT tests, claimed family hardship, injuries, you name it. In an unrelated event he lost his IBA so he took one from another platoon. Upon TA 50 turn in he was found out.

When the First Sergeant told him he was getting at the least an article 15 he seemed a little relieved thinking he would get booted too. Then the First Sergeant informed him that he just made E1 again. From E5. And would NOT be leaving the Army until his enlistment was up. Sometimes I guess Karma bites you...

c3shooter 03-05-2009 11:26 PM

1960s, Ft Polk LA (armpit of the earth) trainee decided to commit suicide by hanging himself. Old WW II wooden 2 story barracks. Tied a tent rope to the railing of the fire escape (wooden) and around his neck, and jumped off. The wooden platform was pulled off the building, and fell on the trainee, breaking his arm.

Note to self- stay the heck off the fire escapes.....:rolleyes:

Benning Boy 03-06-2009 04:23 AM

We had a guy claim to be gay (pre don't ask, don't tell). The Drill said that was fine, and he would start discharge paperwork, just as soon as the recruit performed an act on each member of the company to prove his orientation.:eek:

He fell back into the ranks quietly, and demonstrated the "Dying Cockroach" for us extensively.